By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ING: MGS$ Preview froma "Non-Fan"...

Here are some of the more notable quotes from the IGN Preview:

This preview should give non-MGS fans a look through the eyes of someone that's - admittedly - one in the same.  Still, despite being a bit rusty in my MGS ways, today's playthrough captured my attention again, as Metal Gear Solid 4 is one hell of a game.

[...] 

As mentioned, the demo today harks back to the TGS version we played a while back, though it's now fully in English, and contains some stronger AI.

[...]

I decided to open up on a few soldiers to check out MGS4's revamped combat control. It's a huge leap in the right direction, using the same over-the-shoulder RE4-like camera, with the additional option of rocking a more classic "auto-aim" function for MGS purists.

[...]

Metal Gear Solid 4 is already very impressive, and a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. Everything from the smooth controls to active camo system (which can display over 100 textures in the game) and RE4-inspired aiming hooked me within just a few minutes, and now I'm stuck wanting more.

[...]

As far as I'm concerned, MGS4 is already shaping up to be the best Metal Gear since Solid. Take it with a grain of salt, but it's the first game in the series to really hook me in nearly a decade, and there's something to be said for that.

It seems like even people who never liked MGS gameplay will love this game.  :D

Around the Network

Like usual, I don't proofread the title. >_