By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will happen to the remaining 60GBs

I was just wondering what will happen to the remaining 60GBs as it is the same price as the 80B (with motorstorm) and the only reason to buy the 60GB is for the back-compat, and from my experience with the European 60GB, it is good, most games work fine.

Do think that the retailers that still have then will reduce the price to clear them out (maybe at $450) as on Amazon.com the 80GB is @ 9 on the chart, and the 60GB is 26th (still quite high) but I would  expect that to fall and for them to be left wth a supply of them covered in dust 

add me

Around the Network

I'm certain stores will offer clearance sales to get rid of the 60GB PS3s. They need to get rid of it NOW and it will extremely difficult to explain what makes the 60GB a worthier purchase than the 80GB.

That and Sony isn't making anymore, so it's time to get rid of inventory.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

They will sell out eventually.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

My local store here has indeed dropped the price of the 60gb by another $50, but then the 80gb has a pack-in game (Motorstorm), two at some retailers (also including Lair) so it's still the same value.
Still 60gb is FULLY bc and that'll sell the remaing units.

I suspect we will see the 60 gig priced at the same as the 40 gig -- $399 once the 40 gig is released. That would be a freaking smoking deal since it is the last piece of hardware you can get from the various SKUs that has every single option including 100% hardware backward compatibility.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Should sell out this holiday even if they keep it at the same price.

they qre going to have to scramble to get them off the shelves

they should offer them at a price of $449 so they sell out before the 40GB model is released.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

If you check out Gamestop.com, it looks like they're all out of 60gb systems. Maybe the corporate website will take the 60gb off the hands of the retail outlets.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

It sure would suck to be a retailer stuck with pallets full of PS3s you already paid for.