By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Natal in Fable 3 hinted by a paranoid Molyneux

In an interview with Joystiq, Microsoft's Phil Spencer said he wouldn't be surprised to see Project Natal integration in Fable 3. Another person who wouldn't be surprised? The guy in charge of Fable 3. Peter Molyneux told Game Kings that he was "leaving the most exciting gameplay stuff for later." He then added, "I am going to say it's going to use a controller, but I've never said it's not going to use Natal."

"And obviously what would probably happen if I started talking about this is you would see a little red dot appear moving on my forehead," Molyneux continued. "And then as I would start to speak the words then there would be a shotgun fire, and I would be assassinated. Quite clearly, it is that sensitive." But not so sensitive that he can't quite nearly confirm it in the next breath.

"Do you really think, knowing me, as maybe you do over the years, I wouldn't want to use something like Natal? I mean, that's just mad, man." Let's just lay it out here: The guy responsible for basically the only known Natal project is going to put some Natal segments in Fable 3. We all know this. It's going to happen. Try to look surprised when it's announced at whichever trade show next year.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/05/natal-in-fable-3-hinted-by-a-paranoid-molyneux/#

Around the Network

I figured as much. First controller/Natal hybrid game.

Can't wait to see what he and team comes up with.

I loved the first two and the third certainlly has cought my interest

A big name title like fable with natal? That seems interesting

Around the Network

♪ HEY! Have you heard the news? Molyneux died . . . ♫

I'm intrigued as to how well this would work.

If done properly I can see it alleviating one of my fears about Natal.

Cool both options are better.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

this concept of a controllerless system kinda freaks me out a bit to be honest.
For instance, how would you pause the game if you needed the bathroom or something?
at least partial controller integration makes my bladder a bit...relieved

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I don't understand why a shotgun would have a laser sight.. I hope this guy never tries his hand at a FPS.