By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Wand Gameplay

they expect you to hold both the dualshock and the wand....
omg, they really need to not show such undveloped tech.. they need to re-design that thing to be used as the only control device.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

That looks so awkward... having to use the Dualshock 3 as well as the motion controller sorta makes the whole idea a bit pointless...

nice,,this is just like resident evil 4 for the wii.

PS3 is wii HD confirmed??

i ll definitely consider buying the game

This does not really look as difficult to use as people made it out to be. Should they have made some wireless nunchuck? Sure. Is using the dualshock that bad of an option? Don't think so, not from what I've seen anyway, maybe it would be a problem for other games. All I can say is, if that skinny guy demoing RE5 with motion controls could use it, most people here should be able to use it to.. unless they have really small hands.

Sorry but still I don't get the point ( same thing for Natal ) you will always have to keep the gamepad in your hands in order to move insde an environment.

Around the Network

Doesn't seem any quicker or more accurate than a stick.

It looks so awkward >.

^It does, indeed.

But I'd like to add that If you actually try mimicking it with a dualshock and a wiimote, it's not as inconvenient as it might look. The guy in the video has to play standing up, and keeps the dualshock more or less where he would keep it with two hands, probably for visibility reasons.

But if you only have to use -say- L1,L2 and dpad or  L1,L2 and left analog, and are playing sitting on your couch, then it's very easy to hold the dualshock with your arm resting  on your leg or even on the couch at your left. All the motion would be in your wand hand, a bit like k+m on PCs:  no real need to try to keep the -unbalanced- dualshock lifted in front of you.

Even in games where you stand up, leave your left arm dangling on your side and you're ok, unless your hand is so small that using the analog stick seriously interferes with your grip.

Third parties will sell a wrist strap, most probably :)

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

just port the game to the wii already.

Maybe they didn't make a nunchuk so people would think they didn't totally rip off the Wii