By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Death Note Game Thread

insomniac17 said:
Son1x said:

I'm joining the vote spree as well then.

Vote: SciFiBoy

Son1x said:

Vote: AngelFire18

Joining the voting spree ^^

Well, after reading through the thread, I've decided that I have no idea what to think about Zexen or Gnizmo. Both have good arguements, and I can see things go either way. These quotes are the only other thing I found interesting. Both times someone was arrested, Son1x said that he was "joining the voting spree." Just throwing that out there. Son1x, care to explain?

You guys should have gone with me on this.

I wanted to say that this is probably why I was killed, and I was right. Go me!

Around the Network

Ha, son1x was right in killing Kamal, I wasn't convinced but seems like it was the best choice.

Still, I can't see how the townies would have won this game, we had far too much advantage

Good game everyone, and long live Kira!

insomniac17 said:

Actually, we killed you because we thought Ninja would get doctor protection, and you were next one the "to kill list". You can see too much

zexen_lowe said:
insomniac17 said:

Actually, we killed you because we thought Ninja would get doctor protection, and you were next one the "to kill list". You can see too much

Shh, don't ruin my logic!

Besides, I was still right that Son1x was someone we should have discussed.

insomniac17 said:
zexen_lowe said:
insomniac17 said:

Shh, don't ruin my logic!

Besides, I was still right that Son1x was someone we should have discussed.

I told him he should act the least suspicious, but if you found out that, means he was a bit careless. Still, I did well in deflecting a bit the attention from him to me, we had even planned killing me at night after I had accused a couple of Kira candidates to validate my claim and make the town go after them. Though, that was only as a last resort

Around the Network

Let me explain the thinking I put into my Death Note themed game.

I wanted it to be more of a "back to basics" old fashioned logic and policing type game where the cop didn't just roleclaim right away and the doctor secretly healed him. That would have been too unfair for the mafia.

So thus, as Zexen assumed, I based it off the classic 12 player game with 3 mafia, 1 cop and 1 doctor. Due to the difficulty of it being a "dark game," I figured it would help Kira more than the town, so I added a 13th player to tip it more in favor of the town.

Again, it would have been too easy to roleclaim cop and make the doctor heal him every round, so I turned Kira essentially into a Godfather role, making him appear innocent. This also served to even out the game; you couldn't trust the cop's investigations 100%, but at the same time, if Kira ever made any sort of logical error and got arrested, the game would end right away. This sort of raised the stakes a little without throwing off the balance.

You guys had Zexen pinned on day 3 or so, but then you guys chickened out and didn't go through with your plan on voting him off. Without any townie to take the lead, you went back to random voting, which was your downfall. Since at that point 3 kiras made up 40%, they voted as a bloc and ended the game.

I was hoping Ninjablade would speak up and roleclaim, since he knew that Gnizmo wasn't a kira because he saved him during the 3rd night. But he didn't have the balls to roleclaim and say anything so he just let the game slip through his hands.

In this game, the doctor had the ability to save himself, so Ninjablade could have revealed this information at no harm to himself, really.

Kamal ended up dying early because he was an idiot and asked if he could refer to the doctor as Watari. If that didn't tip off Kira, I don't know what would have. Also, I never disclosed to ANYONE that there was a doctor to begin with, short of PMing Ninjablade at the beginning.

Insomiac basically had the game figured out in just one day of play. He noticed that Son1x tended to bandwagon vote on all the mislynches, and called him out on it on a couple occasions. He was then quickly deathnoted and none of your townies dared to press Son1x on it.

I think the next game I will try to balance it a little more with some more tweaks. I will keep the dark format to distinguish it from the main game. Also I will go with less roles than the giant thread going on right now, because I don't want to have like 3 insane cops, 2 paranoid cops, 2 witchdoctors, one naive doctor, three vengeful spirits, and 4 aliens running around while two townies are tree stumps and the other townie is in Mirror land.

also, i'm going to make the disclaimer BIGGER next time that my game isn't intended for n00bs. I was irritated at some of the lurkers and also at how a lot of the townies stood around and did nothing while Zexen was running the whole thing. They didn't question any logic, read any prior posts/voting records, and then they voted randomly, being to their demise.

I still can't believe that Gnizmo was lynched instead of me that day. His argument was much more convincing, all I did was use ad-hominem fallacies trying to see if I could be saved somewhat. In fact, when we made the kill before, we were totally sure that Gnizmo would challenge me, and the objective was to get Gniz lynched the next day after I was lynched

Hurray for me believing Gnizmo. Unfortunately, I wasn't convinced against you either, Zexen. I was sure you weren't the Kira himself, and I didn't think that Gnizmo was Kira at all. I read through the entire thread after I replaced a certain someone and Son1x's posts were the most suspicious. Shame you guys killed me before I could go into more detail on that. A really good game though, and definitely a lot harder than the regular mafia games.