By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Death Note Game Thread

TruckOSaurus said:

So, can we assume the person trying to frame Gnizmo is someone new but that knows he is a valuable asset to the town in these kind of games?

Unlikely. Anyone who saw me as an asset would have just killed me outright. This is also why I am less than likely to survive until tomorrow. It is done by someone who is trying to eliminate all the seasoned players though. My guess is the original plan was kill j0, frame me, kill zexen and then move on. This has gone off the rails though, so who knows what the plan is now. This being a dark game makes figuring it out so much more difficult.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Yeah the game being dark makes L's role much more important as it's our only hope of getting some information.

Signature goes here!

Humans are so

INTERESTING!

^^^ XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Gnizmo said:
TruckOSaurus said:
@Gnizmo: I see what you mean... if you were mafia this little plot would make you way too high profile but now where does that leave us? We don't have much to go on.

It leaves us in a very bad boat. Zexen is being awful quiet for his normal play style, but thats not enough for me yet. The experienced players are the ones I am watching the closest. I know I am a townie, but zexen is a mystery. AngelFire jumping right to the vote though screams Kira Klan. It is an obvious attempt to dog pile and get the ball rolling on me before I can mount a proper defense. He is also new, and the plot is a rookie plot. I am waiting for his defense before voting though.

N.B. I am not attempting to insult any of our newer players. We all start off somewhere. My only defense right now is my experience though, so I have to make a point of it. I am sorry if you feel insulted by this as it is not my intention. My intention is to win, and this is my best tool currently.

While I acknowledge I've been more quiet here than normal, it's due to the special circumstances of the game. Usually, I'm more prone to lynch someone (except during the first day), then base myself on that person's role and who defended/accused him. Unfortunately, that's not possible here, because alignments aren't revealed. Therefore, we lose a big chance, and we can't "lynch to be safe", or even "lynch to confirm". We have no way of knowing what Jo was (he might have been a doctor, or even L), therefore we don't know how much we've lost with his death.

That's why I'm not willing to risk anything in this game, and play it very safely and carefully. This is diametrically opposite to the 6A, where I roleclaimed at the first accusation and assumed one of the commanding roles of the game early on, here it pays to be more careful..

In a sense, we're totally empty handed here. Applying the mafia golden rule, since there are 13 players, we can safely assume there's 3 Kiras (one real Kira and two supporters). We know there's an L, that could even have been Jo, so we don't know if he's still alive. And we don't know anything else

As for the accusations, I agree that Angelfire's vote could be suspicious. But then again, even if we lynch him, we can't know if we won or lost something (well, unless he's Kira himself). So, I'm really puzzled in what we should do..and I don't like it

Around the Network

The way I see it we've got very few options:

1. L doesn't reveal himself right now and we let him investigate people every night until he finds a Kira and tells us to have him arrested.
2. L reveals himself now and tell us the little information he knows. The doctor protects him at night. We do our best the figure out what's going on.

The first option has an obvious flaw, L could get killed before he finds out anything interesting and then we're screwed.
The second option puts a big huge target on whoever L is and once the doctor is gone L dies the night after.

Can you guys think of another option that would get things moving?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

The way I see it we've got very few options:

1. L doesn't reveal himself right now and we let him investigate people every night until he finds a Kira and tells us to have him arrested.
2. L reveals himself now and tell us the little information he knows. The doctor protects him at night. We do our best the figure out what's going on.

The first option has an obvious flaw, L could get killed before he finds out anything interesting and then we're screwed.
The second option puts a big huge target on whoever L is and once the doctor is gone L dies the night after.

Can you guys think of another option that would get things moving?

The problem I see with this is that we don't even know if the doctor's still alive, as we don't know what Jo was. Therefore, roleclaiming would be a bit careless. As an upside, the Kiras don't know if there's still a doctor or not either, so they can't target carelessly

If the doctor saves someone at night... does he get information on who tried to kill his protectee?

Signature goes here!

Unless it's different from other mafia games, the doctor never knows if his protectee was even targeted

So were in a stalemate.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."