By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Blowout...

I don't know how I should think about this... But let me post the link first:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/modern-warfare-2/11043

Ok, Modern Warfare 2 made a nice step forward graphics wise. (U can even see that with this crappy cam quality). However, I feel that they moved forward and backward at the same time gameplay wise.... Here are some positive points:

- Alot more customization options:

Customizable killstreaks, more perks, more attachments, more weapons etc. etc.

- Improvement on graphics

U can see it on these video's, but also with the 2 multiplayer vids that Infinity Ward released.

- Game host migration

No more 'Host has left the game'

However, here are some negative points u may not know about:

- Juggernaut and Martyrdom are back

This one is obvious.. However, Infinity Ward could atleast have asked the comminity for their opinion.

- More casual then CoD4

U may not know about this, but Infinity Ward has made Modern Warfare 2 more casual friendly then CoD4. It has added death streaks! I mean... Common ! U get rewarded for dieing... I understand that this helps new players if they're getting their asses kicked, but I don't feel that it's neccesary. The game now also features Sentry Guns.... (This vid: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/capture-the-modern-warfare/56049 at 0:13-0:14) and with the customizable killstreaks u can now choose to get a reward at 3, 4 and 5 kills... Yes, I do know about the fact that these Killstreaks will be less powerfull then the higher ones. But the thing is that most people will almost never get a 11 killstreak. I think that most people will choose for the lower killstreaks, and I don't see it as a positive thing. The predator missle is easy to get (Just watch the 2nd/3th part), and u can easily kill 1 or 2 enemy's at the time with it (All enemy's are marked with a red square).

EDIT: It seems like you need a 5 kill streak to get the sentry gun.

- All guns have more or less the same attachments.

In the videos u can see a silenced shotgun and LMG. I hope the game does not feature a silencer for the sniper, this would make the game into a sniper camp fest.

These are just my thoughts and u have the right to think differently. Enjoy the gameplay video's and discuss!

Around the Network

Juggernaut? WTF
It will be a great game, more fair and fun.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Death streak sounds like a great idea to me, helps out people not doing so well and creates a greater challenge to people who are really good at the game.

Also CoD is a very casually played franchise and they have most likely done a lot of focus testing so I don't see how it'll be bad.

Martyrdom is easy to avoid, if you're stupid enough to run over a body then you deserve to get taken down.

Still no Clan and tournamtenfeature like Killzone 2?
= FAIL

Martyrdom is annoying, but you shouldn't be getting killed by it unless you love running over people's dead bodies.

Around the Network

This game looks really great, seems like it deserves all those pre-orders.

puffy said:
Death streak sounds like a great idea to me, helps out people not doing so well and creates a greater challenge to people who are really good at the game.

Also CoD is a very casually played franchise and they have most likely done a lot of focus testing so I don't see how it'll be bad.

Martyrdom is easy to avoid, if you're stupid enough to run over a body then you deserve to get taken down.

In close quarters, martyrdom is not easy to avoid... I have a 2.41 K/D ratio, and I get killed more often by a martyrbom then by a human player...

Not alot MW2 fans on Vgchartz :p