By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which PSP should i get, 3000 or GO

I've always been  a huge fan of Sony PSP and i was extremely close to buying one last year (but ultimately went for the DS) but i knew that i will get one eventually. And with all those upcoming games like RE, Dissidia or GT (dont like driving sims, but on a portable console it could actually be fun), plus internet and skype i think now is the right time to get one and ill be getting it this October. 

And there is the problem im just not sure which one would be a better buy. I have two options:

PSP GO

224 Pounds on but if i get it early enough i will get Gran Turismo PSP for free (worth 17.99)

- 16 GB flash memory

- I really like the design and the size

- No UMD 

PSP 3000

139 Pounds with a game

- Loads of cheap UMD games

- Bigger Screen

I kinda want PSP Go  but 220 odd pounds its plain expensive ,  and in order to save money for it i would have to make loads of sacrifices ( well going out less and spending less money on booze) i am also not sure about how much will Sony charge for old PSP games that i want like FF Tactics which i can get at low price. 

PSP 3000 on the other side is cool, but it is not as portable as the GO, it requires UMD and i like the way PSP Go looks, but its more affordable. 

So i want to know what do you guys think, which PSP is better? Is PSP go simply overpriced and i should go for the 3000?

Around the Network

PSP Go is such a ripoff and you can get a large catalog of games for really cheap.. not to mention UMD movies if you go with PSP 3000...

Go for the Go.

PSPgo looks cooler and there are alot of downloadable games coming in.
I agree its kinda like a ripoff but PSP-3000 looks lame when compared to the PSPgo.
Prove me wrong people xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

go is nice.
unless u plan to pirate game.

but already PSP 3000+ 16gb would be almost the same as go.

Around the Network

UMD's were the deal breaker for me. If the GO can show Youtube, go that route. Otherwise, PSP 3000 has been very good to me!

get the Go, you wont be dissapointed

The 3000

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

They priced it based on the iphone. now the iphone got a price cut so hopefully pspgo will get a price cut also

Best Value in the whole market, not just gaming !

skydonald said:
They priced it based on the iphone. now the iphone got a price cut so hopefully pspgo will get a price cut also

No they priced it at $250 for lotsa profit.