By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Europe Backwards Compatable List

Via Thelastboss: "Three more days until the PS3 global launch will finally begin with its storming of European beaches, and with a controller suspiciously named SixAxis, many overseas gamers are already pissed at Sony. To help settle the backwards compatibility confusion, Sony has launched a site dedicated to European backwards compatibility updates. Just pick your country and then check their alphabetized list of compatible games, using this evaluation system: 3 blocks: No known issues to date 2 blocks: Should play on PS3 with some minor issues 1 block: Should play on PS3 with noticeable issues The need of an evaluation system is the first sign that most of the evaluations will suck, and Microsoft set the precedent for bad backwards compatibility with their very partial Xbox 360 lists. Here's some major PS1 and PS2 games that aren't even included though: Final Fantasy VII: Not listed Metal Gear Solid 2: Not listed Ratchet and Clank: Not listed Jak and Daxter: Not listed I had some more I was going to look up but the site's starting to lag off and on so I'm not willing to snoop around for more depressing news on their list. Sorry Eurogamers, hopefully you bought as many PS2s as Americans did, you're gonna be needing them. Update: Joystiq did the depressing math, here's the breakdown: 43.72% = Doesn't work at all 11.17% = Works with lots of problems 9.42% = Works with a few problems 36.69% = Work with no problems I don't understand how Sony could go out of there way to screw up over 50% of their best selling games. I thought the next generation of gaming starts when they said so. When the fuck does it start Sony?" Here's the link for you to check your country... http://www.thelastboss.com/post.phtml?pk=2453 Also I find it odd that the only Final Fantasy game that plays without issues is Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VII is not there.

Around the Network

Quite a big kick to the balls they recieved there...

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

linkthe2nd said: Quite a big kick to the balls they recieved there...
lol, yeah that sucks alot.