By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playing Import Wii Games

Does anyone know if it's possible yet to play imported games on the Wii? I'm dying to get the naruto title from Japan. I was a big fan of the Gamecube series(and the anime)

Around the Network

No idea, but I thought IGN said that the Naruto game was coming to NA

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Bad news. http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155597 Funny tho. A Nintendo rep said it would work in september.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I thought they always stated that it was region locked - pity :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

There are a couple mod-chips released for Wii: those might work.

Around the Network

There suppose to be a freeloader for WII and GC consoles, but if they work for all games I don't know. I've got a JP import console myself. Freeloader for Gamecube and WII

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

I'm a huge fan of Naruto Franchise (manga, anime & games ), and the Naruto Shippuden EX the game I want for my Wii. freeloader, modchip anything anyway that's let me play Naruto on my Wii. As a note : I live in Algeria (North West Africa), and I can tell you I still can't realize that I have a Wii (PAL Version from France) when in Europe, America and even Japan isn't realy easy to get one ).

It is said that with WiiKey it should work ...

stof said: No idea, but I thought IGN said that the Naruto game was coming to NA
Nah the one coming to America is a reskined version basically because of where America is in the story, they have 14 Arc 1 characters rather then releasing clash of the ninja 3 with 38.. You get the wii controls and such but you don't get the same exact game. Honestly the English voices... are painful.. it's like they never saw their source content.

Yeah i've been watching the japanese episodes of Naruto Hurricane Chronicles, where the charachters are older have new looks moves and such, I'm sure because of what souixan said the American version will be so far outdated with the young charachters, plus the the japanese series of games had two other GC titles , so there is alot more to that line of the franchise that's most likely going to be missing from the American release, plus I'd like to play the game over the summer, as in the fall there will be a million other titles coming out. I'd love a FreeLoader I guess it isn't out yet, I hope one hits stores.