By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

CAL4M1TY said:
dbot said:
I really wish this wasn't posted. Nothing good can come of this. Please note, this is not the view of all PS3 fans or even a majority.

THank you, at least we know there's still some PS3 fans out there that doesn't morph into trolls at the first sign of the tide turning.

By the way, with the voice acting, I'm fairly certain that most final fantasy's uptil now haven't (I can't think of one that has) included the Japanese language track on the english version. It's not as if square-enix is a company that listens to what it's players wants (no joke here), so just because FFXIII doesn't have it, doesn't mean it's the 360's dvds fault. Unless of course FFXIII VS has that available (I'm not sure if it does or it doesn't).

its standard this gen for all japanese games.

it made naruto BEARABLE.

english voices were horrible =(.

and i think they said something about it in gamescom interview.

and what they said, both will be identical =(.

1080p 7.1 audio and jap voice tracks are sure gone.

Around the Network

I heard about this on kotaku. Sucks but what can you do.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Ssliasil said:
sc94597 Look closer...The Hair, The clothing...are completely missing Textures and designs...now loko at the road, its completely different.

It looks to me that it is because of design features and not because of the capability of either system. Imo the road looks more like a road now. The character's hair looks lighter do to the additional shaders, not less complex. The missing textures are replaced with new ones. Look at the mid left corner of the second screen, is that design in the first? All of these changes are minimal, and to even get the idea that they would boost any performance, let alone enough to call it a downgrade is beyond ridiculous. I would say the game uses MORE power do to the effects that were added, and the minimal changes in other areas to compensate.

and to quote that inteview i posted...

"The Movies in FFXIII take up alot of space - And Ps3 Blu-Ray has alot of space-and we wanted to make the games as equal as possible, this is why we went with this option" - In regards to cutting down on Cutscenes.

So..i win..yay...ima act conceded now...har har...neener...yup...JK

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

I blame Sony for this.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Love how people are still arguing with me when i have posted multiple reasons and sources to back my so called "Claims"...But ill do it again.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-final-fantasy/55240

Watch that...Thats from SE themselves.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

I will find it very funny if the so called "downgraded multi-plat" version runs better on 360 than PS3, when it is all said and done. Now that would make going back to this thread extremely funny.

not buying this now that the graphics have been downgraded and other sacrifices have been made due to.. the other console

CAL4M1TY said:
dbot said:
I really wish this wasn't posted. Nothing good can come of this. Please note, this is not the view of all PS3 fans or even a majority.

THank you, at least we know there's still some PS3 fans out there that doesn't morph into trolls at the first sign of the tide turning.

By the way, with the voice acting, I'm fairly certain that most final fantasy's uptil now haven't (I can't think of one that has) included the Japanese language track on the english version. It's not as if square-enix is a company that listens to what it's players wants (no joke here), so just because FFXIII doesn't have it, doesn't mean it's the 360's dvds fault. Unless of course FFXIII VS has that available (I'm not sure if it does or it doesn't).

people have gotten spoiled by valkyria chronicles. blu-ray is supposed to revolutionize gaming in its own way. So is it wrong for some of us to expect dual audio as one of those revolutionary  things? lmao. It is slow to read so ps3 owners have been punished with crazy installs.

Now when we get the advantage, the ps3 version is downgraded. I can hardly fault anyone for feeling pissed but I kinda expected it so I don't really care.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

T_T Sooo sad... I think they should have kept doing the PS3 version and then releasing de 360 one, taking the necessary time to do their best, but with the handicap of Blu-Ray, HDD built-in, 7.1 uncompressed...