By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - PSN Typical User Is 28, Male, Educated, Moneyed

PlayStation Network's Typical User Is 28, Male, Educated, Moneyed

Are you the typical PlayStation Network user? It depends on whether you match the criteria shared by U.S. PSN director of operations Eric Lempel to the publication Video Business.

Lempel was discussing the PS3 and PSP's PlayStation Network, which Sony says now has more than 12/5 million users (It's unclear if the current count includes people who have only registered online to use the PlayStation forums and not through Sony gamign hardware).

VB : Who is the PlayStation Network audience?

Lempel : Right now, it's primarily male. The average age is 28 years old, in usually the middle- to higher-income range. They over-index against those with graduate degrees. But it's expanding. What we're finding ever since we've introduced services like the video download service, we're getting more of the household on the PlayStation Network. Some of the top rentals and sales on the video side have been content that probably doesn't appeal exactly to that 28-year-old male. It's more those movies that are geared toward women.

For the record, I have a Master's degree. I guess I'm middle income? And I'm 32 as of this writing.

Q&A: PSP Go utilizes PlayStation Network for content

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Did you mean to post this in the Sony forum?

Words Of Wisdom said:
Did you mean to post this in the Sony forum?

ya...

Can I get a lock please

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o