By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The "How I met your mother" Thread!

This show wasn't on my radar at all but my girlfriend recommended it to me and after watching the first 2 episodes I was hooked on it. I completed 4 seasons in just 1 week! The show is so damn funny, Neil Patrick Harris is in it too and he is hilarious. I'm eagerly awaiting season 5 to come out this September. Check out this show if you already haven't it's awesome! For everyone else who has seen this show, I have just one thing to say to you:

SUIT UP!

Around the Network

I got into it late too, just like you. Near the middle of the 4th season, my friend gave me the earlier episodes and told me to watch them. I watched all the episodes over a weekend. It quickly rocketed up my list of favourite shows. I can't wait to see how Ted fares at his new job.......only a couple weeks away!

Sept.21 my friend, that's when it airs!

At a bar. Den I banked her l0l/

stewroids said:
Sept.21 my friend, that's when it airs!

Too long! School will be 2 weeks in at that point and stuff will start piling up. Oh well, HIMYM should provide a nice 20+ minute break for me (well, 40+ since I watch the episode and then rewatch it).

Around the Network

They already said that the mother will be featured in this season but they will not tell for sure if she is actually the mother...i'm guessing there will be a few girls in that class that Ted will date...btw, do you guys like the change in Barney's character? I personally liked his perverted side more than his sappy romantic side.

I find it nice how he has another side to him. If he had stuck to the guy whose sole goal is to nail as many chicks as he could, I think it would have gotten old. This puts a new wrinkle in the plot.

They could go out and fall in love, they could agree to not date to save the friendship or he could love Robin from afar, but still be the same perverted guy. They can take this in any direction.

I am amazed by Neil Patrick Harris though - he's an excellent actor. I find it quite funny how perverted Barney and him are total opposites in real life. Barney is a sex hound, in fling after fling with random women, while Neil is in a committed gay relationship.

LOL I know...I loved his act in Harold and Kumar as well, his act in HIMYM reminded me of his role in that movie

I hate you liars. I thought my dad finally found me :(

When the hell did people here like HIMYM O.o

@stewroids
To be honest its a good thing they are giving barney two sides lets be honest I think I might have got bored of his sexual side than his sensitive etc. Its a nice mix what they have done so far but who noes how it will go down in season 5. Though marshall is my fav character on there