By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo3 online (360 acting Whack)

Alright the weirdest line of events just happened and I'm sort of wondering what the heck was happening with my 360.

I have a highspeed internet connection through Shaw and my comp gets turned off everytime I play online giving my 360 the full bandwidth. So today I start playing and for the first hour all of matches go great. But about 2-matches into my second hour I start to suffer lag and I know that happens sometimes so it didn't bother me at all. Thats when the weird stuff started to happen.

The next 6-rounds were all laggy but I thought coincidence right. Well In my second laggy round I picked up a cloak. The cloak never wore off all round I was cloaked the whole time and kept dying from invisible forces. I mean it never wore off I was cloaked thewhole dang time.

I started teleporting to locations all over the map. One minute I'm on one end the next minute I'm on the other end. Enemies and friendlies alike were walking inside walls I saw a guys arm sticking through a wall. I also kept rewinding I'd go forward and appear back where I had just left. 

Whats even more odd is my controller started disconnecting.  I thought maybe the batteries had died so I replaced them but my controller kept disconnecting even with the fresh batteries. So mid game I switched up my controller for another one andsure enough that one started cutting out too disconnecting for no dang reason. 

Finally on the sixth round of this insanity during which I was not getting any kills cause I kept cloaking permanently or controller disconnecting or teleporting all over. I finnally gave up and turned off my 360 when my controller disconnected again.

Has anybody else had their game go all whack. I mean I've had lag but this was insane it wasn't like normal lag I have never teleported from the blue lower part of the narrows to the yellow upper part of the bridge before. I have never seen enemies arms stick through walls or had my controllers start randomly disconnecting. 

What the hell was going on, you think its a problem with the game or the 360 cause my internet is fast. Could I have just had super bad luck (Finding 6-matches full of lag) and if so what the hell happened with my controllers? 

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

It's lag... or a ghost.

Pick the most logical one.

the ghost right..

RIGHT?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

You can add the "Good Connection" priority in your matchmaking search to find games without lag, I use it all the time, but takes longer to find a game, the controller thing seems really weird though, I've never had it happen unless my batteries were dying.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

I always use the quickest match setting and have yet to have a problem, that sucks dude.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Around the Network

That sucks, are you going wireless or through ethernet? If wireless you may have to change your settings. If your hardwired you just might have to reset your modem.

Your problem was probably your provider performing systems maintenance. During which times the connection speed can go from top notch to a crawl. That would explain the prolonged nature, and why your confederates in game were not experiencing the same problem.

You're in the Black Lodge.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957