By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Heavenly Sigma said:

Based on wins and loses (and level of competition) the way i see the TNA ranking should be
1. A.J. Styles
2. Abyss
3. Kurt Angle
4. Mr. Anderson
5. The Pope
6. Rob Terry (who would be higher but most of his competition have not ever been heavyweight contenders)
7. Desmond Wolfe
8. Jeff Jarrett 9. Jeff Hardy 10.Sting

It's weird how the voting is so far:

1. Wolfe (25%)

2. Hardy (23%)

3. Mr. Anderson (12%)

4. Sting (9%)

5. The Pope (8%)

6. AJ (7%)

7. Rob Terry (5%)

8. Angle (5%.... fewer votes)

9. Jarrett (3%)

10. Abyss (2%)

First thing, it appears for the most part it's less about face/heel and more about how the people straight up want to see.  

The bottom 4 are all faces.

The votes skew younger with Sting, Angle, and Jarrett all under 10%.

Abyss isn't nearly as over as the powers that be would hope. 

People still think Sting should get a title shot.... which is just crazy.

AJ is slightly surprising all the way down at #6, but he did just have the title for 200+ days. He better get his rematch before this thing takes effect. It would be very TNA for him not to get a rematch.

Around the Network
tastyshovelware said:
Heavenly Sigma said:

Based on wins and loses (and level of competition) the way i see the TNA ranking should be
1. A.J. Styles
2. Abyss
3. Kurt Angle
4. Mr. Anderson
5. The Pope
6. Rob Terry (who would be higher but most of his competition have not ever been heavyweight contenders)
7. Desmond Wolfe
8. Jeff Jarrett 9. Jeff Hardy 10.Sting

It's weird how the voting is so far:

1. Wolfe (25%)

2. Hardy (23%)

3. Mr. Anderson (12%)

4. Sting (9%)

5. The Pope (8%)

6. AJ (7%)

7. Rob Terry (5%)

8. Angle (5%.... fewer votes)

9. Jarrett (3%)

10. Abyss (2%)

First thing, it appears for the most part it's less about face/heel and more about how the people straight up want to see.  

The bottom 4 are all faces.

The votes skew younger with Sting, Angle, and Jarrett all under 10%.

Abyss isn't nearly as over as the powers that be would hope. 

People still think Sting should get a title shot.... which is just crazy.

AJ is slightly surprising all the way down at #6, but he did just have the title for 200+ days. He better get his rematch before this thing takes effect. It would be very TNA for him not to get a rematch.

To be fair... nobody really likes Jeff Jarrett and he doesn't get much attention as a face.  He's gotta turn back heel.

While Angle said he was taking some time off... so why waste you vote?

As for Sting... well, he's 4 that isn't bad for the old guy considering he just kinda disapears and reappears on his own choosing.  He'd be a bad champ at this point in his career.

Have not really got to watch much last few weeks, but omg they let Mickie James go? She was the only female I cared to see wrestle anymore wtf!

The Rock came back already?

I just found this a couple of days ago, best laughs I've had in a long time...

Around the Network

^ That was hysterical. I hated the Warrior mabye more than Hogan back when he came out. I actually forgot how bad the promos got. Chtistian and Jericho were awesome.
This also reminds me how I cheered when he got trapped in a coffin by Jake. And loved seeing Hogan and Warrior hurt each other hoppng that some how both would end up leaving the WWF.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

That video made my day.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Lol! I ordered that documentary on DirecTV a few years ago. The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior was the greatest thing, ever! The whole video was full of lulz! My local video store is going out of business. I should see if they're selling that doc. It'll definitely be worth the $3!!

I'm looking forward to the new Smackdown. Without all the powerhouse stars(with the exception of the Big Show and Taker) it gives stars like Christian and Kofi Kingston a chance a the world title. I would like to see a title match between Kingston and Jack Swagger, it would be something great. The new Smackdown also gives Matt Hardy and MVP a chance to work their way to the top now that the main eventers are somewhat close to their level.

Anyway, apparently TNA is interested in Torrie Wilson and Shelton Benjamin. I don't care much for Wilson, but it would good to see Benjamin work with a company that will give him some decent TV time.

Another thing TNA IMpact needs to move back to thursdays. Either that or fire russo and come up with some good storylines.

Another thing that bothers me with TNA is their Microsoft Power Point entrances for the wrestlers. They all have terrible music especially RVD's new song. Its absolutely terrible.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

I thought Smackdown was in the Wii's position at first ( doomed ), but then I thought about the great opportunity of the mid-carders. Christian and Kingston can become main eventers easily.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"