By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

amp316 said:

No wonder you have over 20,000 posts Kasz.

I thought that TNA did great and am not disappointed in the ratings. If they put on those sort of shows every Monday night, slowly but surely they will get more viewers. You have to understand that leading into Wrestlemania is when the WWE normally gets some of it's best ratings of the year.

Also, TNA needs to turn Jarrett heel again.  It shouldn't be too hard.  Just turn him into Bischoff's bitch or something.

I blame Steam Internet browser.

Around the Network

The way RAW was this past monday is the way it should be every single week. I like superstars from the other brand coming to Smackdown. They should make it the way things used to be. I think they should end the brand extension. I think they should give Evan Bourne a push so he could win the US title or the intercontinental title. Scratch that, they should get rid of the us title and have the intercontinental title be used on both raw and smackdown.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

^^

People love hating on the US title here. I like it, it's good for the midcarders.

tastyshovelware said:
^^

People love hating on the US title here. I like it, it's good for the midcarders.

I think it's just because of what it used to be.

It used to go

Heavyweight, Tag/Intercontinental, US/Cruiserweight in terms of belt hirarchy.

The US title was basically the WWF's version of the WCW tag titles.

Now people are supposed to buy the US championship as the tier right below the world championships, and it's hard for a lot of people to buy.

I just don't like the WWE using old WCW titles. I really think they should get rid of the world title and just have the wwe title on both brands. I think they should rebuild the tag team division. I really thought Ryder and Hawkins could of been something great but as always, wwe doesn't know how to promote thier new stars. Its unfortunate that wrestling will never be as popular as is were in 90s.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
Snake612 said:
I just don't like the WWE using old WCW titles. I really think they should get rid of the world title and just have the wwe title on both brands. I think they should rebuild the tag team division. I really thought Ryder and Hawkins could of been something great but as always, wwe doesn't know how to promote thier new stars. Its unfortunate that wrestling will never be as popular as is were in 90s.

Wait... the USA championship was a WCW title?

What the hell title am I thinking of then that was below the Intercontinental belt....

Oh right... the Europeon championship.  I was thinking about when William Regal would challenge you in England for it in one of the Smackdown games and for some reason thought it was the US belt...

Kasz216 said:
Snake612 said:

What the hell title am I thinking of then that was below the Intercontinental belt....

Oh right... the Europeon championship.  I was thinking about when William Regal would challenge you in England for it in one of the Smackdown games and for some reason thought it was the US belt...

I was under the assumption that the US Championship was the WCW version of the WWF Intercontinental Title. Too many belts regardless, and they are all changing hands way too arbitrarily as it is.

Unlike the US title, the IC title was/is actually gaining prestige again. I say it's because of Smackdown. When it was on Raw, it was treated like garbage. You noticed when the US title was on Smackdown, it was treated almost like a World Heavyweight Title? It even had decent midcard feuds for it, MVP when he was a heel for example, feuding with Matt Hardy. Raw just treats mid-card titles poorly. Smackdown was always the better show for me anyway. Much better wrestling than Raw. Their flagship show focuses too much on usually corny segments.....and boy have I witnessed some failure of segments on Raw for the past few years. I say they should keep the US title, but bring it's prestige back. Miz isn't doing anything with it, it's just a prop. Speaking of titles, I would love for WWE to split the tag titles up.......and put them back on each show, Raw and Smackdown.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

sguy78 said:
Kasz216 said:
Snake612 said:

I was under the assumption that the US Championship was the WCW version of the WWF Intercontinental Title. Too many belts regardless, and they are all changing hands way too arbitrarily as it is.

It was

Imphamis said:
Unlike the US title, the IC title was/is actually gaining prestige again. I say it's because of Smackdown. When it was on Raw, it was treated like garbage. You noticed when the US title was on Smackdown, it was treated almost like a World Heavyweight Title? It even had decent midcard feuds for it, MVP when he was a heel for example, feuding with Matt Hardy. Raw just treats mid-card titles poorly. Smackdown was always the better show for me anyway. Much better wrestling than Raw. Their flagship show focuses too much on usually corny segments.....and boy have I witnessed some failure of segments on Raw for the past few years. I say they should keep the US title, but bring it's prestige back. Miz isn't doing anything with it, it's just a prop. Speaking of titles, I would love for WWE to split the tag titles up.......and put them back on each show, Raw and Smackdown.

It'd be nice, but they don't even have enough tagteams to fill 1 division. Say what you want about how silly the gimic era was... but it felt like nearly every person on the roster had some heat. Now it feels like they just randomly throw combinations of wrestlers together because they're afraid to develop younger tag teams like they used to. Have a young tag team, they do well for a while, one becomes BIG so you have him betray his friend, or vice versa or just have him compete in singles without the swerve. It worked great... but with gimics being rarer it's hard to bring new people up in tag teams i think... just because it could turn into a pair of people you don't care about. I mean, what would Legacy be without Orton mentoring them?