By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Edge Trivia :

1. He has won currently every title in the WWE ( obviously not women titles ). He also has won more titles than anyone in the WWE as a total.

2. He has the most tag team title reigns currently than anyone in WWE

3. He is first and only one to win every major title on Raw and Smackdown ( World, Tag, and Midcard titles )

4. He is the first ever winner of the Money In The Bank ladder match, and was the first to successfully cash it in and win the WWE Championship for the first time in his career. ( He was also the first person to end John Cena's first WWE Championship reign, which was nearly a year long ). Despite winning only won MITB ladder match, Edge was the first to cash in two MITB briefcases successfully.

5. He won the 2001 King of the Ring.

6. He won the 2010 Royal Rumble.

7. Before Jericho won the Elimination Chamber, him and Edge had vice versa World Title and IC title reigns.

Edge = 9 time World Champion and 5 time Intercontinental Champion.

Jericho = 9 time Intercontinental Champion and 5 time World Champion.

8. Edge and Orton have both defeated Mick Foley in Hardcore matches, feuded with John Cena and defeated him for the WWE Championship, both former World Heavyweight Champions, and attacked from behind and replaced Kofi Kingston in matches. They both also gained two henchmen to support them in matches.

Edge = Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder

Orton = Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase

And formed their own stable. Edge's "La Familia" and Randy Orton's "The Legacy".

9. Edge and his "brother" Christian have both "stole" the two biggest female rivals in the WWE, Trish and Lita.

10. Edge's Live Sex Celebration segment is the second highest rated segment in Raw history, first still being The Rock's "birthday" with Mankind.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Around the Network

if youre talking abou the promo i loved it

he showed he has more charisma in a 10 minute promo, then wwe has had in total the entire time since hes been gone

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

tastyshovelware said:

First TNA needs to decide who their main eventers are. Is it Joe who appeared in 2 title matches over the span of 4 ppvs and just jobbed to orlando freakin jones in 3 min? Is it Daniels who appeared in 2 title matches in back to back ppvs and jobbed to angle last week in 1 min? Is it Desmond Wolfe who had a high profile feud with kurt angle that rapped two months ago who just jobbed to abyss in 2 min? Who is it? We know AJ is a top guy, we know angle is a top guy but everyone could have any spot at any time. 

I really do like a lot of things tna does but they need freakin order. Ortan, HHH, Cena, Edge, Jericho, Batista, etc. You may like them, you may not but you know that whenever they lose, it's in a hard fought match that makes sense and means something (there are some exceptions of course). 

tna, I need 1-2 matches every week that go 8-12 min and it would be nice if at least 1 had a clean finish.

as it stands, 90% of their matches either A) go 3-5 min or B) go 1-2 min and either lead to a promo or a brawl. 

I hate to say it, but TNP (total nonstop promos) was up to their same old games last night. And hey, don't get me wrong, they're doing their best to get their stories across with the limited time they have but do I need to see hogan 5 or 6 times? no. How about Biscoff, he's on the screen every 10 minutes. And Foley with that awful etiquette training.

Match breakdown:

1. the four way tag: about 3:15 (bell to bell)

2. the bathroom brawl: about 1:40

3. big rob vs doug: about 1:10.... led to a brawl

4. angle vs anderson: about 1:00 non match brawl

5. love vs sky + TBP: 2:30 non match brawl

6. tomko vs jarrett: about 4:00.... dear god does tomko look terrible

7. the four way main event: about 6:50 (that time includes that commercial break).... led to a brawl

So, that's:

5 total brawls

2 non match brawls that total about 3:30

2 sub 2:00 matches, one that started as a brawl and the other led to one

2 four way matches, neither of which goes 8-12 matches, one that led to a brawl

1 match that involves tomko (uggggg)

about 17 minutes of non brawl bell to bell action.

wrestling on free TV has and will always be a commercial for the PPVs, and having a full show of wrestling NEVER does well in ratings....TNA listened to internet fans once and has a 45 minute ironman cage match that lost half of its audience that night.

^^

It's not a matter of 30 or 45 minute matches (and iron man matches never do well). like I said, it would be nice to just have 1-2 8-12 minute matches a show. It would be nice to have something that feels like a main event. It would be nice to have main eventers feel like they belong in main events. Watching that sub 7 minute closer on impact, no one looked good.

Around the Network

cant wait for monday night impact

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Just curious, does anybody think Bret Hart could have gotten rid of that belly before coming back?

If only he is capable of doing that.............getting rid of the belly that is.

Well Smackdown has been decent so far, awaiting the main event, Edge vs Big Show.

99 spears on the wall. 99 times I will say spear. take one down and pass it around bore everyone around. Other then that a good Smackdown. About TNA and match length. It was decent during the summer. Then it got really bad. Like they had a bunch of people come in and don't know what to do with them and 2 self important people come and take over the show. The card for last show could of been great. 2, 4 ways and 1 for the world title on a regular show. But it was all a ruse to show that TNA can't book a match anymore.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.