By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Snake612 said:
d21lewis said:
Pyramid Head said:
not sure ziggler doesnt have the same charisma as morrison, hes hurtin on the mic too man

i love ron killings too, but his wwe charachter is lame as hell

tna was lame too, but time only makes whats up lamer

Oh, I agree with R Truth's gimmick.  That "rapping black guy" gimmick was crap way back in the 90's with the tag team "Men on a Mission".  And, if "What's Up" was actually a good song (which it isn't), I'd still be tired of it since he sings the damn thing for too long, every single week.  The guy can go in the ring, though.

Its typical of the WWE to put the black man down. The last African American wrestler to have a good gimmick was the Rock. It just a matter of time before R-Truth gets released. Spring cleanning is coming up in the WWE and they are going to be releasing a lot of wrestlers.

If you can even count the rock.  He probably wasn't a rapper soley because he was half samoan.

I don't know why only white americans get regular gimmics.

Well and Canadaians... well when they aren't with all the other foreigners makign an anti-american stable...

Around the Network

whats benjamins gimmick again?

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Benjamin is the "Gold Standard". Before that, he was Brock Lesnar's former room-mate or something who could kick Brock's ass (but he never did) and then he would bring his "mama" (Actress, Thea Vidale) to the ring.

To be honest, I think the WWE has been pretty fair in giving out gimmicks to black people. Booker-T, Kofi Kingston, Shelton Benjamin, D-Lo Brown, MVP, and Farooq are just a few that coom to mind when it comes to great gimmicks that work. Too bad R-Truth keeps getting the shitty end of the stick. He used that same gimmick when he debut with the Road Dog, back in the Attitude Era. Part of me wonders if Ron Killings actually requested that gimmick.

My hope (as I've probably posted in this thread, before) is that he'd team with Cryme Tyme and either MVP or Shelton Benjamin to form some sort of faction.

I've got to say (and I've said this before) wwe has been getting stronger leading up the mania. Yes the guest host thing is terrible for the most part but from a story standpoint we've got a great lead into legacy breaking down at mania, a great lead into shawn vs the undertaker, a great lead into vince vs brett, and a great lead into edge vs jericho. What do those 4 matches have in common? There has been a slow build to them that began MONTHS before.

And I've said before that I like a lot of what tna does but rarely is there a feud that is truly built up to and rarely does a feud last longer then one month.

d21lewis said:
Benjamin is the "Gold Standard". Before that, he was Brock Lesnar's former room-mate or something who could kick Brock's ass (but he never did) and then he would bring his "mama" (Actress, Thea Vidale) to the ring.

To be honest, I think the WWE has been pretty fair in giving out gimmicks to black people. Booker-T, Kofi Kingston, Shelton Benjamin, D-Lo Brown, MVP, and Farooq are just a few that coom to mind when it comes to great gimmicks that work. Too bad R-Truth keeps getting the shitty end of the stick. He used that same gimmick when he debut with the Road Dog, back in the Attitude Era. Part of me wonders if Ron Killings actually requested that gimmick.

My hope (as I've probably posted in this thread, before) is that he'd team with Cryme Tyme and either MVP or Shelton Benjamin to form some sort of faction.

Cryme Time needs to get a tag team push and win the titles at Mania. That would be great. It seems like the tag team division has fallen apart. You notice how the only tag team that existed in the WWE is Hart Dynasty,Cryme Time,and SHowMiz? They need to revive the tag team division.

Btw, they just released Charlie Haas today.

In my opinion the next wrestler to be released, it has to be between Carlito,Jack Swagger or Dolph Ziggler. The creative team has nothing for them at this point.

Anyway, I really like the match between the Miz and Edge on Smackdown this past friday. Edge made Miz look like a main eventer. Both of them went back and forth which made the match great.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
Snake612 said:
d21lewis said:

Cryme Time needs to get a tag team push and win the titles at Mania. That would be great. It seems like the tag team division has fallen apart. You notice how the only tag team that existed in the WWE is Hart Dynasty,Cryme Time,and SHowMiz? They need to revive the tag team division.

In my opinion the next wrestler to be released, it has to be between Carlito,Jack Swagger or Dolph Ziggler. The creative team has nothing for them at this point.

Anyway, I really like the match between the Miz and Edge on Smackdown this past friday. Edge made Miz look like a main eventer. Both of them went back and forth which made the match great.

I agree with ya, Snake.  In the past, I had a hard time taking the Miz (and even though he'd won the title, Edge) seriously.  It looks like the WWE has finally made me a believer. 

For some reason, they're pushing Ziggler.  I don't get it.  He's not that talented.  He's just okay on the mic.  He looks pretty generic.  Am I missing something?  As for Carlito, its like he doesn't give a damn anymore.  He used to be over with the audience but the WWE didn't give him the push he deserved.  Adding Primo to the roster seemed to dilute Carlito's presence even more.  I still have hopes for Jack Swagger.  He's a big guy with a lot of in ring talent.  I guess he just has to pay his dues.  The potential for him is there.

My Avatar is the greatest heel of all time.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Predictions for Wrestlemania 26 so far

John Cena vs Batista - WWE Championship : John Cena wins

Edge vs Chris Jericho - World Heavyweight Championship : Chris Jericho wins

Triple H vs Sheamus : Sheamus wins

Cm Punk vs Rey Mysterio - Hair vs Mask : Rey Mysterio wins

Money In The Bank Ladder Match : Christian wins

ShowMiz vs ??? for the Unified Tag Team Championship : ShowMiz wins

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker - Career vs Streak : The Undertaker wins

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Imphamis said:
Predictions for Wrestlemania 26 so far

John Cena vs Batista - WWE Championship : John Cena wins

Edge vs Chris Jericho - World Heavyweight Championship : Chris Jericho wins

Triple H vs Sheamus : Sheamus wins

Cm Punk vs Rey Mysterio - Hair vs Mask : Rey Mysterio wins

Money In The Bank Ladder Match : Christian wins

ShowMiz vs ??? for the Unified Tag Team Championship : ShowMiz wins

Who's your money on between Taker and HBK?  I actually think HBK is going to end the streak............

d21lewis said:
Snake612 said:
d21lewis said:

I agree with ya, Snake.  In the past, I had a hard time taking the Miz (and even though he'd won the title, Edge) seriously.  It looks like the WWE has finally made me a believer. 

For some reason, they're pushing Ziggler.  I don't get it.  He's not that talented.  He's just okay on the mic.  He looks pretty generic.  Am I missing something?  As for Carlito, its like he doesn't give a damn anymore.  He used to be over with the audience but the WWE didn't give him the push he deserved.  Adding Primo to the roster seemed to dilute Carlito's presence even more.  I still have hopes for Jack Swagger.  He's a big guy with a lot of in ring talent.  I guess he just has to pay his dues.  The potential for him is there.

Carlito should be where Cena is in his career. I remembered when him and Carlito use to be on the same level during their days on Smackdown.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY