By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

The only person besides a "Pro" that got over was Danielson. How long can a program like this last especially without a clear reward system? If it was a oneshot deal I would coumt it a success but right now needs reworking.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Around the Network

^^^

dibiase has a shot to get over

i thought jerichos guy had a half decent nu skool regal thing goin on

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Pyramid Head said:
^^^

dibiase has a shot to get over

i thought jerichos guy had a half decent nu skool regal thing goin on

I hope they push dibiase over. His father was great and with some more work and pushes he should be too.

^^^

he should get a fair shake with where his brother is already (former tag champ, has a movie, multiple title shots already)

plus hes inducting hjis dad with ted at mania, should get some more exposure there tooo

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

In my book million dollar man was the greatest heel ever. Him or Abdullah the Butcher anyway.

He was ALWAYS over, rarely needed a title or to be in the title hunt for heat and he never needed a Face turn to keep up his popularity.

His gimmic never got old and he killed it on the mike.

To me Abdullah is the only other one in the debate simply because he was that infamous. He'd come in, demolish a face or two stab em with a fork and it'd turn whatever indie promotion he was in into a big thing that night.

He did this well into I wanna say his 70's and nobody was saying he was too old or shouldn't be wrestling like Flair or Hogan, dude just was terrfying and had ridiculious longevity.

Around the Network

@thanos

i totally agree on MDM. he was the king of heels

my follow up though has to be JBL

he was a really good heel time after time

Pyramid Head said:
@thanos

I started watching wrestling when i was 5 and I sorta understood wrestling was fake but elements seemed "real" to me. As such, Rick Rude will always be the top heel in my mind cause I hated his ravishing good looks. 

Also, the nxt: jericho v danielson match was good and wicked stiff! did you hear those shots!? damn. It wasn't as fluid as it could have been but they fit a lot in. and did you see jericho move? That was the quickest I've seen him work a match in years. I wish it would have gone longer then 6 minutes but I understand why it didn't. 

tastyshovelware said:
Pyramid Head said:
@thanos

I started watching wrestling when i was 5 and I sorta understood wrestling was fake but elements seemed "real" to me. As such, Rick Rude will always be the top heel in my mind cause I hated his ravishing good looks. 

Also, the nxt: jericho v danielson match was good and wicked stiff! did you hear those shots!? damn. It wasn't as fluid as it could have been but they fit a lot in. and did you see jericho move? That was the quickest I've seen him work a match in years. I wish it would have gone longer then 6 minutes but I understand why it didn't. 

Haha, Rick Rude was classic.

^^^

just saw him again on the ultimate warrior dvd :)

Ric Flair has some weird sweat stains...

I watched Raw and Impact this week... liked impact more. I just like their actual wrestling more. It feels more old school and it seems like they embrace more old school moves and old school ways to cut promos and stuff the WWE has given up in recent years.

I can't really tell why I'm supposed to be rooting for Kurt Angle though... considering he just knocked someone unconscious from behind. The "Vietnamese" Dog tags thing was actually pretty interesting in actually calling out the general "anti-American" behavior some wrestling crowds get in. Seemed like the crowd didn't get where he was going with that though.