By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

tastyshovelware said:
the mickie james cake angle on smackdown made me so mad. not in the, "that's some good heat" way. in the "fuck you wwe" way.

There was a telethon on all night, so I missed it. What happened?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
tastyshovelware said:
the mickie james cake angle on smackdown made me so mad. not in the, "that's some good heat" way. in the "fuck you wwe" way.

There was a telethon on all night, so I missed it. What happened?

I watched it this morning thanks to DVR.

It was the whole McCool/Layla calling Mickie fat deal. They set up this table of food and called her out. Maria comes out to defend Mickie and then Mickie comes out and all four divas are in the ring. And, truth be told, it wasn't a bad group promo. Maria was a surprising stand out. Of course, there was a brawl and Beth Phoenix comes out. She sides with McCool, tosses Maria out of the ring and it's 3 on 1. They stomped on Mickie and that whole bit but then Beth holds her down while McCool shoves a pig cake in her face. Then they dump red punch on her and the whole thing is just sad. Mickie is just there crying in the ring covered in cake and punch.

Now, let me say that heels do bad things, that's what makes them heels. But this whole "fat" angle is horrible in my opinion. It's one thing to be heartless and personal, it's another thing to repeatedly call a curvy woman fat when tons of women (and men) across the US suffer from real physical and emotional problems due to true weight problems. Shame on the WWE for airing that (PG?) filth. All that, I might add followed the 2 on 1 beat down (and styles clash) she took last week. 

TNA Impact rating (1/21/10): 1.26 - slightly up from last week.

1.32 - Flair and Style's in-ring promo.
1.21 - Foley segment backstage, start of British Invasion vs Morgan/Hernandez.
1.17 - British Invasion vs Morgan/Hernandez, Bubba and Jarret audio from Bubba’s radio show, backstage segment with Hogan, Bischoff, Nash.
1.13 - Orlando Jordan vs Pope, Angle interview backstage, Bubba and Jarret audio from Bubba’s radio show, Nash and Young segment backstage, Beautiful People video.
1.31 - Bubba and Jarret audio from Bubba’s radio show, backstage segment with Bischoff and Lashley, Rayne vs Angelina Love, backstage interview of Hall and Syxx Pac.
1.28 - Hogan and Bischoff in-ring promo, Nasty Boys vs Nash and Young.
1.32 - Mr. Anderson in-ring promo, Bischoff and Foley segment
1.32 - Angle vs Styles, Bischoff addresses Foley.

Credit: wrestlingforum

It's been confirmed that there was only 16 minutes of wrestling on Impact. One thing to note, they didn't lose viewers when the main event started. It usually dips when the main event starts.

I went to sleep before I could see all of Smackdown. I was flipping through the channels and all I saw was Batista taking Finaly running through the pole outside the ring.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Mirson said:

TNA Impact rating (1/21/10): 1.26 - slightly up from last week.

1.32 - Flair and Style's in-ring promo.
1.21 - Foley segment backstage, start of British Invasion vs Morgan/Hernandez.
1.17 - British Invasion vs Morgan/Hernandez, Bubba and Jarret audio from Bubba’s radio show, backstage segment with Hogan, Bischoff, Nash.
1.13 - Orlando Jordan vs Pope, Angle interview backstage, Bubba and Jarret audio from Bubba’s radio show, Nash and Young segment backstage, Beautiful People video.
1.31 - Bubba and Jarret audio from Bubba’s radio show, backstage segment with Bischoff and Lashley, Rayne vs Angelina Love, backstage interview of Hall and Syxx Pac.
1.28 - Hogan and Bischoff in-ring promo, Nasty Boys vs Nash and Young.
1.32 - Mr. Anderson in-ring promo, Bischoff and Foley segment
1.32 - Angle vs Styles, Bischoff addresses Foley.

Credit: wrestlingforum

It's been confirmed that there was only 16 minutes of wrestling on Impact. One thing to note, they didn't lose viewers when the main event started. It usually dips when the main event starts.

I think the 16 minutes is a little off (unless they didn't count in the commercial breaks). I counted 17 without the BI vs Morgan/Super Mex match (which I missed). Not that 20ish minutes is much to brag about.

Around the Network

To me, Mickey James is SO hot! I love to see her wrestle, especially when she somehow ends up with bare feet. When Layla and Michelle (whom I also love because of her vacant eyes) were picking on Mickey the first time, and she cried, I REALLY took it personal. I haven't seen last night's Smackdown yet. Hell, I just watched the Generation ME debut on TNA this morning. I'll check it in the morning.

tastyshovelware said:

I think the 16 minutes is a little off (unless they didn't count in the commercial breaks). I counted 17 without the BI vs Morgan/Super Mex match (which I missed). Not that 20ish minutes is much to brag about.

Yeah they didn't count the commercials.

I only watched a little bit of Smackdown - will watch the whole thing tomorrow. Smackdown was airing at the same time Conan's last show was. I decided to watch Coco and then go to sleep. The CM Punk in-ring promo was a little weird.

How did that fat Mickey James angle even start? She isn't fat at all; she has a hot body.

Mirson said:
tastyshovelware said:

Yeah they didn't count the commercials.

I only little bit of Smackdown - will watch it tomorrow. Smackdown was airing at the same time Conan's last show was. I decided to watch Coco and then go to sleep.

How did that fat Mickey James angle started? She isn't fat at all; she has a hot body.

About a month ago, Mickey had beaten some opponent (I think it was Layla) and she was smiling and waving to the audience.  Then, the Titantron came on and Michelle McCool was on the screen.  She shouted "Hey Piggy!"  "Hey, Piggy James!"  Then, she showed a video of Mickey as a pig on Ol' McDonald's (Michell McCool's) farm.  Mickey looked really hurt.  She actually cried.  It was, of course, staged but I really felt for Mickey.  It's been going on, ever since.

Thanks.

Just watched the diva segment from Smackdown. I can see this angle sending a negative message to the female watchers who are sensitive about their weight as it portrays what the WWE thinks is beautiful. It must make those who are the same size or bigger than Mickie James feel awful.

It's a touchy subject. I know a few people who are sensitive about their weight and call themselves fat when they look at themselves in the mirror. They're a little bigger than Mickie James, but not by much.

Mirson said:
Thanks.

Just watched the diva segment from Smackdown. I can see this angle sending a negative message to the female watchers who are sensitive about their weight as it portrays what the WWE thinks is beautiful. It must make those who are the same size or bigger than Mickie James feel awful.

It's a touchy subject. I know a few people who are sensitive about their weight and call themselves fat when they look at themselves in the mirror. They're a little bigger than Mickie James, but not by much.

It is a REALLY stupid angle.

I'm sure the WWE slant will be "She wins in the end so it's ok"  Ignroring the fact that it's going to cause a lot of people problems well before it's resolved.

What's even more interesting about it.

When you go one step down from Vince McMahon... the 3 next important people in the company?  All women.