By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I saw a little bit of Smackdown yesterday and then went to sleep. I was looking at some news on wrestlinginc.com and its confirmed that Stone Cold will guest host RAW on March 15th. I also found out that after the Rock is finish filming his next movie, he will have time to come back to the WWE.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

double comment!

I saw the young bucks live a couple months back. Very good but a little too spot crazy.

Also, the ziggler vs kane matches have consistently been not awful. Their last match even got like 12-14 minutes.

tastyshovelware said:
double comment!

I saw the young bucks live a couple months back. Very good but a little too spot crazy.

Also, the ziggler vs kane matches have consistently been not awful. Their last match even got like 12-14 minutes.

When was the last time Kane had a good match?

Had to be back when he still had the mask to cover his face.

I mean, nobody was a bigger fan of Kane then me back then... but lately he's just... lost his flow.

His stuff he does with the Undertaker was always good.   Even the Kane X-pac tag team heel turn by X-pac was kinda fun... but really... I can't think of the last time Kane was good.

Of course that's the problem with all Monster Heels, eventually they just get old, and because they played silent monsters they can't reinvent themselves.

Or at least the WWE doesn't try and reinvent them.   They turned Bradshaw from a Zombie to a Drunken Texas Mercanary to JBL.... somehow.

Did they ever explain how Bradshaw went from fun Texan to JBL anyway?  That always seemed just... so strange a turn.

Bradshaw supposedly had been a finacial wizard on wallstreet all this time who just liked to keep wrestling. They used the fact that he was doing some sorta investment show outside of WWE to back this up. This was revealed shortly after his decision to stay in the WWE instead of leaving with his fired partner and friend Ron Simons.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&ref=search&gid=257558041911

for anyone who wanted another reason to be annoyed by bubba the love sponge.

Around the Network
Heavenly Sigma said:
Bradshaw supposedly had been a finacial wizard on wallstreet all this time who just liked to keep wrestling. They used the fact that he was doing some sorta investment show outside of WWE to back this up. This was revealed shortly after his decision to stay in the WWE instead of leaving with his fired partner and friend Ron Simons.

No kidding.

Bradshaw's wife is also loaded, she is a banking analyst and predicted the financial crash literally right before it happened causing citibank to lose a TON of money simply because she said they would. A bunch of investors pulled out, and she got death threats from them etc...

spdk1 said:
Bradshaw's wife is also loaded, she is a banking analyst and predicted the financial crash literally right before it happened causing citibank to lose a TON of money simply because she said they would. A bunch of investors pulled out, and she got death threats from them etc...

Wow no kidding.  Yeah, i must of missed that stuff.

It's a shame they got rid of Ron Simmons too... I think he'd make a great manager for a black superstar espiecally.  I beleive he was the first black man to hold the top belt in any promotion.

You can work him as a face mentoring a superstar.

Or have him work heel in a "Bill Cosby" style heel against someone like Cyrme Tyme or R-Truth.

So genesis seems to be adding 2 (likely kennedy and kendrick) and maybe even more (rvd?) superstars to the tna roster.

Let me say im ok if any or all of these 3 guys show up. All young talents who are relevant and worth having around (kennedy with his mouth, rvd with his athleticism, kendrick with both).

But let's throw these names along with all the other new faces:

1. Eric Bischoff
2/3. Nasty Boys
4. Orlando Jordan
5. Ric Flair
6. Scott Hall
7. Sean Morley
8. Sean Waltman
9. Jeff Hardy
10. Shannon Moore
11. hulk hogan

(2) Now I guess hardy being there is still up in the air due to his troubles with the law and I guess that would make shannon moore on the fence as well. I don't really care for either guy but I'm fine with them being around.

(4) Now, I consider myself a moderate in life. I have my views but I try to see both sides of the coin. I don't ever need to see hogan, bischoff, hall, waltman, or even steiner and nash, in the ring again. WCW had it's place in time, the NWO had it's place in time, but that ended nearly a decade ago and got old (read: VERY OLD) years before that. Each of those men is either 50+ or knocking on that door. A couple of them have trouble walking let along putting together good matches. So no, I don't need them. BUT, tna might. Fact is those are 6 of the biggest names in the wrestling industry in the past 20 years. And if that's what it takes to help tna stand toe to toe with wwe, maybe it's worth it.

(4) Then we got: the nasty buys, orlando jones, and sean morley. Now, I don't mind a little val venis in my life, but really, this is your way to spice up the mid-carders?

(1) of course there is ric flare. to be honest, I think of him like I think of the NWO crew. A great run, a great performer, but he's in his 60's. I've moved on from (present day) ric flare.... unless of course he takes on some sort of manager role.

So that's my take, what do ya'll think of all the roster chaos thus far?

1. Eric Bischoff - great as on onscreen management/commissioner role. TNA has never really done this well with the likes of Cornette or Zybysko or even Dusty Rhodes, so I gess that someone who almost sent Vinny Mac to the poor house is a great choice.

2/3. Nasty Boys - I initially cringed, but will give them a chance. as long as they don't end up with anyb tag titles, they could be good for a short feud with team 3d.

4. Orlando Jordan - OJ could shine, as he was one of those guys that never really got a fair shot in WWE, he was basically JBLs manservent there for a while, which never makes a star, think of how far Virgil/Vincent went.

5. Ric Flair - Looks like he is going to mange AJ in some capacity and AJ will turn heel, I'm all for it, as almost all of their uppercard aside from Lashley is face right now.

6. Scott Hall - I dunno, I used to love hall, but he no showed a bunch of times and hands out with ICP, two strikes in my book.

7. Sean Morley - could be good for the midcard, but we'll have to see how his match with daniels goes, tyo see if he still has it.

8. Sean Waltman - See scott hall above

9. Jeff Hardy - Personally I think this is HUGE for TNA, when he was there last time he wasn't nearly as popular and wasn't a former world champion, now we can almost see him as a major "jumping ship" moment, as as long as he doesn't go to prison in a few months a top title contender.

10. Shannon Moore - as over as moore was in WCW he has been jobbed over ever since, I'd love to see him do well. he was fired from TNA because Jarrett hated his look and Dutch Mantell didn't know how to book him, now he can have another chance.

11. hulk hogan - I'd like to see him wrestle foley and sting again, as his stuff in jaopan was still pretty good, but simply having him there seems to be the "shot in the arm" that TNA needed.

These new guys are good because TNA has been cannibalizing its X-division and tag divisions for mid-carders for a while, so now we can have teams like MCMG and Lethal consequences stay where they belong, and help bolster some new tag feuds.