By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

spdk1 said:
he also had a massive stroke, when I met him last year he seemed out of it, hope he can keep up in the ring if he even wrestles.

Ah that's right... i forgot all about his stroke.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
At that age and after having a stroke, I suspect any action involving Bret will probably consist of one or two spots, some controversial words, or a stint as a general manager. He's not going to wrestle. Still, it's going to be awesome seeing him in a WWE ring after all of these years.

The predictable way out would be Brett "screwing" vince like Vince screwed Brett.

I hope he comes in and leads the new hart foundation to finally push those guys

spdk1 said:

This is an awesome idea!  He could be their manager/mentor and give those guys his killer instinct.  I'm not a big fan of David Hart Smith (he's just so bland) but I've liked Tyson Kid and Natalya since day one.  It would be great if Hart turned these guys into DX level rebels (like when Pilman, Hart, and Smith were the Hart Foundation) and left them to terrorize Vince.  The guys DID main event against DX last week, so they are getting a bit of a push.  Now is a perfect time for these three to shine. 

The possibilities and reprecussions of Harts appearance have me hyped!  spdk1, I like the way you think!!

d21lewis said:
spdk1 said:

This is an awesome idea!  He could be their manager/mentor and give those guys his killer instinct.  I'm not a big fan of David Hart Smith (he's just so bland) but I've liked Tyson Kid and Natalya since day one.  It would be great if Hart turned these guys into DX level rebels (like when Pilman, Hart, and Smith were the Hart Foundation) and left them to terrorize Vince.  The guys DID main event against DX last week, so they are getting a bit of a push.  Now is a perfect time for these three to shine. 

The possibilities and reprecussions of Harts appearance have me hyped!  spdk1, I like the way you think!!

hey thanks man!

I can't wait for tomorrow, I'll probably record RAW because I really don't trust it despite Hart being on, but I will be glued to my TV for impact.  RVD is supposed to show up, and all sorts of other rumors.  some people even think Paul Heyman will be there, which I think is BS, but you never know.  I'm betting on RVD, Hogan, Hall, X-Pac, and Mr. Kennedy showing up.

Around the Network

(looks from side to side)

time for me to sneak in a comment.

I can't believe I'm saying this (seeing as it never would have happened even 6 months ago) but I'm going to watch impact over raw. Bret hart is great but I don't know if that magic will effect anyone not named hunter, shawn, and vince. And since I'm going to be out tomorrow night and can only dvr one show, it's looking like it will be tna. This is tna's big shot to make a real statement. And by the sounds of it, all the big guns are coming out. My concern is who they chose to bring back and the impact (pun intended) that they really think they'll have. Kennedy? A danger to himself and others but young, relevant, and hopefully teachable. x-pac and hall? Uggggg. Really? Remember when the NWO gimmick was tapped out 10x over. From like 99-02. I don't need it again. To be honest, I don't really need Nash in the ring either. RVD says he won't be there but he would be a nice addition down the line. As for Heyman, I love him but there are going to be too many egos even without him.

Anyway, the talent is there, the innovation is there, tna just needs a few story telling pointers and a way to get its name out there. Let's hope it works out for the good of the wresting industry.

BTW, i'm also a big college football fan, it sucks that i'm going to be missing out on the fiesta bowl.

Let's all agree to meet back here on Tuesday with our impressions of "The Monday Night Wars II".

I can't wait for tonight. I'll probably watch Impact over Raw since I can watch Raw on Wed on Mun2 or Telemundo. Also I'm pretty sure TNA are going to put a solid show tonight, or at least they have if they want to compete. This is once of a lifetime opportunity for them. They have the talent, the names, etc.

Congrats on your promotion spdk.

This is one of the biggest nights in wrestling since the day the Attitude Era began.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

I'm going to watch Impact. It should be easier to find Raw on a site the next day then Impact. Then again impact will be repeated on Thursday.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.