By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

spdk1 said:
Dr. Death Steve Williams died of cancer today:

http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1262210282&archive=&start_from=&ucat=6&

Damn.

Around the Network

IGN interviews hogan:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/105/1057741p1.html

spdk1 said:
Dr. Death Steve Williams died of cancer today:

http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1262210282&archive=&start_from=&ucat=6&

That sucks.  Didn't know much about him except his botched WWE run... thanks to Bart Gunn.

He was a fun guy in Power Pros though.

spdk1 said:
IGN interviews hogan:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/105/1057741p1.html

Hahaha nice to see he hasn't lost is knack for crazy interviews.

Can't tell if the ego is serious or if it's part of the act and promoting.  WCW was already on it's way as a competitor when Hogan jumped... though that was what gave it the "push" over the top.

I'm so excited for Monday night! Its going to be like Monday Night Wars all over again. I would love to see this head-to-head competition between the TNA and the WWE on a weekly basis. I read an article on wrestlinginc.com about RVD coming to TNA and making his debut on Impact this Monday. Despite that, I will be tuning into WWE RAW with the Hitman!!! WWE Raw is going to be like the Attitude Era all over again! For all you old wwe fans, tune into WWE Raw this monday to see the long anticipated return of Bret Hart.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

To be honest... I don't like that Brett Hart is going back.

I think he should of stuck to his guns. He had a right to be mad at Vince because of the screwjob... and honestly if I were Brett, i'd blame Vince for Owen's death too.

Kasz216 said:

I think he should of stuck to his guns. He had a right to be mad at Vince because of the screwjob... and honestly if I were Brett, i'd blame Vince for Owen's death too.

Fuck that!  Bret is my single favorite wrestler of all time!  I don't care if Vince set Stu Hart on fire, I'm so excited that Bret is going to be on Raw that I may piss my pants.  I hope that the WWE puts together a five star montage of some of the Hitman's finest moments (Beating Ric Flair for the title, Wrestlemania 13 vs. Austin, taking on Goldberg, Shawn vs. Bret at WM12, his battles with Mr. Perfect, etc) including his appearances on Mad TV and Lonesome Dove, to show the people who are too young to remember just how big of a deal Bret is.

My only fear:  He's gotta be knocking on 50 years old, now.  Bret's been wrestling since I was a kid!

d21lewis said:
Kasz216 said:

Fuck that!  Bret is my single favorite wrestler of all time!  I don't care if Vince set Stu Hart on fire, I'm so excited that Bret is going to be on Raw that I may piss my pants.  I hope that the WWE puts together a five star montage of some of the Hitman's finest moments (Beating Ric Flair for the title, Wrestlemania 13 vs. Austin, taking on Goldberg, Shawn vs. Bret at WM12, his battles with Mr. Perfect, etc) including his appearances on Mad TV and Lonesome Dove, to show the people who are too young to remember just how big of a deal Bret is.

My only fear:  He's gotta be knocking on 50 years old, now.  Bret's been wrestling since I was a kid!

He's 52 actually.

he also had a massive stroke, when I met him last year he seemed out of it, hope he can keep up in the ring if he even wrestles.

At that age and after having a stroke, I suspect any action involving Bret will probably consist of one or two spots, some controversial words, or a stint as a general manager. He's not going to wrestle. Still, it's going to be awesome seeing him in a WWE ring after all of these years.