By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

On Impact this thursday they announce Wolfe Vs Angle in a "three stages of hell" match at the next PPV according to spoilers.

did you see when angle did the six rolling german suplexes that was awesome!!

Around the Network

here's the match

Apparently, WWE is upset that they didn't sign Wolfe/Nigel when they had the chance. Can't wait for their next match!

Don't mean to crash the party, but don't you guys think pro wrestling (WWE) has gone downhill since a few years ago?

Up until about 2005 I really enjoyed WWE, when they had Kurt Angle, original kane, Evoloution, old Randy Orton, Booker T, old Chris Jericho, The Rock and Steve Austin. Now its like i'm watching a PG rated show. There is nothign extreme anymore.

Did anyone else see the stunt Hogan and Flair pulled in Australia?

Apparently the people there took it seriously!

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
Don't mean to crash the party, but don't you guys think pro wrestling (WWE) has gone downhill since a few years ago?

Up until about 2005 I really enjoyed WWE, when they had Kurt Angle, original kane, Evoloution, old Randy Orton, Booker T, old Chris Jericho, The Rock and Steve Austin. Now its like i'm watching a PG rated show. There is nothign extreme anymore.

I thought it took a downhill turn since like.... 1999.  With the WWF going downhill before then.  Like 1994.

Though i liked the Fingerpoke of doom.  It was just the stuff after that...

Kasz216 said:

What was it?

sick match between angle and wolfe. that whole storyline really shows the difference between wwe and tna.

wwe is very measured with everything they do. Unless the guy is 6'6 260, they tend to ease them in very slowly, no matter how over they are. and 90% of all feuds that go 3 ppvs will end 2-1. so the power structure tends to move at a glacial pace. guys slowly moving up the ranks over 4-5 years. the good is that matches mean something and upsets mean something. the bad is not every guy is going to hang around 4-5 years to see if they finally get that push and we end up with an over crowded main event picture with same guys (give or take 1-2) every year.

tna just straight does things. you want a cage match the first time two guys meet each other in the ring? do it. you want desmond wolfe to come in and feud with your top guy right off the bat? do it. you want 90% of all feuds to last 1 month? do it. the good is being unpredictable can make you exciting. it creates an element of surprise. the bad is if you throw to many things at the wall, a good number of them aren't going to stick. ADD television can only go on so long before you want matches and feuds and power structures to mean something.

anyway, hey spdk1, you know if there is a hidden survivor series youtube channel? i was actually really excited for that ppv.

Mirson said:
Kasz216 said:

What was it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1228914/Hulk-Hogan-stages-bloody-set-rival-Ric-Flair-ahead-comeback-Down-Under.html

Also explains why Hogan isn't on TNA yet.

Funny stuff that people took it seriously.

tastyshovelware said:
sick match between angle and wolfe. that whole storyline really shows the difference between wwe and tna.

wwe is very measured with everything they do. Unless the guy is 6'6 260, they tend to ease them in very slowly, no matter how over they are. and 90% of all feuds that go 3 ppvs will end 2-1. so the power structure tends to move at a glacial pace. guys slowly moving up the ranks over 4-5 years. the good is that matches mean something and upsets mean something. the bad is not every guy is going to hang around 4-5 years to see if they finally get that push and we end up with an over crowded main event picture with same guys (give or take 1-2) every year.

tna just straight does things. you want a cage match the first time two guys meet each other in the ring? do it. you want desmond wolfe to come in and feud with your top guy right off the bat? do it. you want 90% of all feuds to last 1 month? do it. the good is being unpredictable can make you exciting. it creates an element of surprise. the bad is if you throw to many things at the wall, a good number of them aren't going to stick. ADD television can only go on so long before you want matches and feuds and power structures to mean something.

anyway, hey spdk1, you know if there is a hidden survivor series youtube channel? i was actually really excited for that ppv.

I've n a few matches on there, but I haven't found a consistant source, PM me and I can show you where to go on bittorrent if you use that.