By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I haven't watched wrestling in a while...but I'm noticing that Michael Cole is takin the heel thing too far LOL

Get of Miz's jock

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

RAW was pretty good last night. I knew CM Punk was going to lead Nexus, it was obvious that a former champion wasn't going to be led by a rookie. I guess Wade Barrett and Cena will work together to fight Nexus. Orton is the #1 contender and will go against the Miz at the Royal Rumble, I wonder who will win b/c whoever wins will most likely main event Wrestlemania.

Personally dissapointed Barrett is no longer the leader of the renegade rookie group. Himself being a rookie and his overall demeanor really was great chemistry with the group. It just doesn't seem right that a veteran is willingly in the group, and leader at that. Members should have been NXT Rookies ONLY in my OPINION.

Besides, The Nexus during their debut not only destroyed John Cena but CM Punk as well. Unless he is very forgiving, huge continuity issue.

The Miz and John Morrison put on an excellent match, even with Alex Riley's interference. Amazing opening for Raw in 2011, a great WWE Championship match. IMO. Looks like Morrison wasn't trusted enough to bring any money and ratings in for the Rumble, so they did the match on Raw. Orton is now the new number-one contender.

Still loving Del Rio, and still predicting him becoming World Champion this year. Truth lasted longer in Alberto's submission longer than anyone I believe so far.

Tag division is still a joke to me, just to me.

Women's division will likely get interesting again with Awesome Kong heading to the roster.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Imphamis said:

Personally dissapointed Barrett is no longer the leader of the renegade rookie group. Himself being a rookie and his overall demeanor really was great chemistry with the group. It just doesn't seem right that a veteran is willingly in the group, and leader at that. Members should have been NXT Rookies ONLY in my OPINION.

Besides, The Nexus during their debut not only destroyed John Cena but CM Punk as well. Unless he is very forgiving, huge continuity issue.

The Miz and John Morrison put on an excellent match, even with Alex Riley's interference. Amazing opening for Raw in 2011, a great WWE Championship match. IMO. Looks like Morrison wasn't trusted enough to bring any money and ratings in for the Rumble, so they did the match on Raw. Orton is now the new number-one contender.

Still loving Del Rio, and still predicting him becoming World Champion this year. Truth lasted longer in Alberto's submission longer than anyone I believe so far.

Tag division is still a joke to me, just to me.

Women's division will likely get interesting again with Awesome Kong heading to the roster.

Del Rio will become Champion, its just a matter of time. I also agree with u on everything else, the tag team division is just awful, WWE just don't give a ratass about it. I wonder how they'll use Awesome Kong when she arrives.

You'd think they use The Usos correctly instead of destroying the division by splitting every other tag team up. All except the one based purely on comedy who are currently tag team champions.

Around the Network

The potential for the Tag Team division was so great until WWE f'd it up.  We had the Uso's (who I blame for the break up of Cryme Tyme), Cryme Tyme, the Hart Dynasty, and a couple of others--including singles wrestlers like Koslov and Ezekial Jackson.  It sucks.  I prefer it when my tag teams are actually tag teams and not just two random singles wrestlers that get paired together (Like Big Show and Chris Jericho).

Smackdown! was fantastic, possibly even better than Raw IMO. It was PPV quality for me, the entire night. The Last Man Standing between Edge and Kane for The World Title was also an opener, which Edge won via Spear and Conchairto ( To leg ) . They went all over the arena and backstage, Chokeslams through tables and chairs getting thrown at HEADS, yep.

Kingston is finally Intercontinental after about literally 12 attempts at Ziggler ( lol ). It may have been worth the loss, because thanks to Vickie placing him in the numbe one contenders Triple Threat match, making it a Fatal 4 Way, Ziggler is now in official pursuit of the World Heavyweight Championship after defeating Big Show, Dashing Cody Rhodes, and Drew McIntyre.........I'm already interested since Dolph has Vickie in his back pocket, and if you've been watching the last couple of years, you should know Edge's history with Vickie on Smackdown!

I hope Alberto and Rey have had their final match for awhile, ( Getting almost tired of them ). Nonetheless, it was a fantastic match, and in the end Del Rio ended up the winner of the 2 out of 3 Falls match. Even though Rey lost via Countout thanks to Ricardo, Del Rio officially defeated him and seems like the feud is over and victory of the war goes to the Essence of Excellence.

I wonder whats the storyline behind Wade Barrett's attack on the Big Show on Smackdown. I guess the reason why Kaval was let go is for Wade Barrett to go to Smackdown. I kinda surprised that Wade Barrett is on Smackdown with Swagger, McIntyre, Del Rio, Rhodes, Kingston, Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, Edge, Mysterio and the new #1 contender Dolph Ziggler. Smackdown is way overcrowded imo.

Kaval actually requested his release because of the way he was getting treated on Smackdown. He confronted creative about it and also found they had "no ideas" for him. So, he was easily granted his release.

You know though, I'm not even going to rant on that situation. Despite so much wrong doing in it, I'm not.

Imphamis said:

Kaval actually requested his release because of the way he was getting treated on Smackdown. He confronted creative about it and also found they had "no ideas" for him. So, he was easily granted his release.

You know though, I'm not even going to rant on that situation. Despite so much wrong doing in it, I'm not.

:-0 I didn't know that, I thought Vince didn't want another small guy. I still think its wrong for the season 2 NXT winner to get shit and when Barrett won season 1, he gets his own group and he wrestles main eventers.