By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

What was the point of "firing" Cena if he showed up every damn week? Not only that, appeared backstage, attacked superstars, jumped the barricade, got into the ring, and even did PROMOS with other superstars. To finally add, his theme music even played, despite no longer working there anymore. What a shit storyline that was, and all it did was make The Nexus look like a bunch of weaklings. In fact The Nexus isn't strong and dominate at all anymore if they are getting taken out by one guy. But all of that shows WWE can't survive without John Cena. The man's like a damn leech and I've been tired of him for years.

The Miz iz WWE Champion..........I think the world needs a reality check,  because this can't be something that happens in reality..........right? Well he's world champion........and he's being made out as an extremely weak champion who even needs to cheat to defeat Jerry Lawler. Looks like Michael Cole is going to start interfering in matches for Miz like Alex Riley. I rather Miz stay champion than Orton regain it though. Even though I like Orton, I didn't like his reign, and I guess it's refreshing to see a fresh world champ, even if it's The Miz

Edge and Kane's storyline is confusing. Is Kane still the heel here? Lawl, But this kidnapping of Bearer was growing tiresome, and I'm glad he's finally disposed of ( hopefully ). I'm pretty sure of months of acting like a heel and getting cheered, Edge is going to win at TLC. I wouldn't be surprised if he "cheated" to win it, and still get cheered......ah, probably only Edge can do something like that nowadays and get cheered. I mean, especially if he kidnaps people's father and tortures them and gets cheered LOL But it does seem like Edge is more of a tweener than a face.

Looks like David is going to obscurity and Tyson could POSSIBLY be going somewhere with that Diesel-like bodyguard. Even though Kelly Kelly of all people completely destroyed him at The  Slammy Awards.

Morrison/Sheamus feud will come to an end with HHH returns. Morrison really needs to improve on the mic or stay away from it. King Sheamus also has a nice ring to it.......to think he won though after already being so established as a former WWE Champion and feuding with main eventers. Only reason he did was likely to just feud with The King of Kings.......some sort of King rivalry is going to happen once again.

I hope Del Rio wins, need to build up his status if Rey is going away soon. The feud itself is ok I suppose.......but I'm not a huge fan of Rey since 2005. I could see Del Rio becoming world champion probably sometime in 2011.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
BoneArk said:

RAW was alright last night. Cena is rehired and he won Superstarof the year. I think Kane or Orton should have won the award. I hope the Cena vs. Nexus rivalry ends this Sunday, its dragging on long enough. Sheamus/Morrison will have a match on Sunday to determine the #1 contender for the WWE championship.

BTW: Anyone saw when Sheamus threw Morrison outside of the ring onto a ladder last night? I had a ECW flashback when I saw that. LOL!

I think Miz probably should of won Superstar of the year... but I mean, he was a Heel, and it was a fan voted award.

I agree on the Cena V Nexus angle... whenever they hit a fork they keep picking the least enertaining  choice.

Cena lost, was fired for like... two weeks, then rehired just to be beat down... what was the point?  Were they planning a Cena heel turn and got cold feet?  Was Randy Orton originally going to be the leader of Nexus but then he became too popular?  Why not have Wade Barret leave Nexus?

As for the #1 contender match... Morrison has to win that right?  Can't see heel vs heel, and having Miz lose so early would just be... weak.  

The Miz winning Superstar of the year, The Miz is too boring. As for Morrison vs. Sheamus, I think Morrison will win. I think he'll win b/c he's weaker than Sheamus and that will give The Miz a fair win over Morrison at the Royal Rumble PPV. I also think The Miz will beat Orton this Sunday.

BoneArk said:
Kasz216 said:
BoneArk said:

RAW was alright last night. Cena is rehired and he won Superstarof the year. I think Kane or Orton should have won the award. I hope the Cena vs. Nexus rivalry ends this Sunday, its dragging on long enough. Sheamus/Morrison will have a match on Sunday to determine the #1 contender for the WWE championship.

BTW: Anyone saw when Sheamus threw Morrison outside of the ring onto a ladder last night? I had a ECW flashback when I saw that. LOL!

I think Miz probably should of won Superstar of the year... but I mean, he was a Heel, and it was a fan voted award.

I agree on the Cena V Nexus angle... whenever they hit a fork they keep picking the least enertaining  choice.

Cena lost, was fired for like... two weeks, then rehired just to be beat down... what was the point?  Were they planning a Cena heel turn and got cold feet?  Was Randy Orton originally going to be the leader of Nexus but then he became too popular?  Why not have Wade Barret leave Nexus?

As for the #1 contender match... Morrison has to win that right?  Can't see heel vs heel, and having Miz lose so early would just be... weak.  

The Miz winning Superstar of the year, The Miz is too boring. As for Morrison vs. Sheamus, I think Morrison will win. I think he'll win b/c he's weaker than Sheamus and that will give The Miz a fair win over Morrison at the Royal Rumble PPV. I also think The Miz will beat Orton this Sunday.

I'm not a Miz fan but the guy pretty much did EVERYTHING you could do this year achivement wise.

Who had half the achivements he did.  Sure it's scripted, but if they don't want someone to win an award they shouldn't script him doing that much stuff.

Imphamis said:

What was the point of "firing" Cena if he showed up every damn week? Not only that, appeared backstage, attacked superstars, jumped the barricade, got into the ring, and even did PROMOS with other superstars. To finally add, his theme music even played, despite no longer working there anymore. What a shit storyline that was, and all it did was make The Nexus look like a bunch of weaklings. In fact The Nexus isn't strong and dominate at all anymore if they are getting taken out by one guy. But all of that shows WWE can't survive without John Cena. The man's like a damn leech and I've been tired of him for years.

The Miz iz WWE Champion..........I think the world needs a reality check,  because this can't be something that happens in reality..........right? Well he's world champion........and he's being made out as an extremely weak champion who even needs to cheat to defeat Jerry Lawler. Looks like Michael Cole is going to start interfering in matches for Miz like Alex Riley. I rather Miz stay champion than Orton regain it though. Even though I like Orton, I didn't like his reign, and I guess it's refreshing to see a fresh world champ, even if it's The Miz

Edge and Kane's storyline is confusing. Is Kane still the heel here? Lawl, But this kidnapping of Bearer was growing tiresome, and I'm glad he's finally disposed of ( hopefully ). I'm pretty sure of months of acting like a heel and getting cheered, Edge is going to win at TLC. I wouldn't be surprised if he "cheated" to win it, and still get cheered......ah, probably only Edge can do something like that nowadays and get cheered. I mean, especially if he kidnaps people's father and tortures them and gets cheered LOL But it does seem like Edge is more of a tweener than a face.

Looks like David is going to obscurity and Tyson could POSSIBLY be going somewhere with that Diesel-like bodyguard. Even though Kelly Kelly of all people completely destroyed him at The  Slammy Awards.

Morrison/Sheamus feud will come to an end with HHH returns. Morrison really needs to improve on the mic or stay away from it. King Sheamus also has a nice ring to it.......to think he won though after already being so established as a former WWE Champion and feuding with main eventers. Only reason he did was likely to just feud with The King of Kings.......some sort of King rivalry is going to happen once again.

I hope Del Rio wins, need to build up his status if Rey is going away soon. The feud itself is ok I suppose.......but I'm not a huge fan of Rey since 2005. I could see Del Rio becoming world champion probably sometime in 2011.

I agree with u on Del Rio. He's a great wrestler, I really enjoyed the match between him and Daniel Bryan on the "King of the Ring" RAW. I noticed since Del Rio came to Smackdown!, everyone has taken a back seat to him. He'll become Champion soon enough.

Kasz216 said:
BoneArk said:
Kasz216 said:
BoneArk said:

I'm not a Miz fan but the guy pretty much did EVERYTHING you could do this year achivement wise.

Who had half the achivements he did.  Sure it's scripted, but if they don't want someone to win an award they shouldn't script him doing that much stuff.

Yeah ur right,but, he still boring.

Around the Network
BoneArk said:
Kasz216 said:
BoneArk said:
Kasz216 said:
BoneArk said:

Yeah ur right,but, he still boring.

Hey, I liked his match vs the King.   It's funny how king's ringwork is still better then half the people on the roster.
Always surprised me because I thought he went to the booth because he had some injury that wouldn't let him wreslte on the grand stage anymore.  (I know he still did for memphis.)

Can they have Miz win one match where 60 run-ins don't happen?

spdk1 said:

Can they have Miz win one match where 60 run-ins don't happen?

I'm guessing that's what Morrison is for.

I haven't seen Raw and Smackdown for a long time, since I had my classes during those hours. Where's Christian and Chris Jericho?

Raw this week was pretty entertaing; of course most of it has to do with the crowd. The segment with Cena and Vickie was hilarious, and Jerry Lawler is pretty fit for his age.

Mirson said:

I haven't seen Raw and Smackdown for a long time, since I had my classes during those hours. Where's Christian and Chris Jericho?

Raw this week was pretty entertaing; of course most of it has to do with the crowd. The segment with Cena and Vickie was hilarious, and Jerry Lawler is pretty fit for his age.

Christian is out on injury and should be back hopefully before the Royal Rumble and Chris Jericho took some time off and is touring with his band Fozzy.