By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I've heard big things about Ring of Honor. From what I understand, some of the best wrestling to be found if from that federation. And I just found out last night that RoH comes on Monday nights at 8pm on HDNet. I'll tune in to see. If the show's any good, I'll keep tuning in!

Also, I bought Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 on Tuesday. For the most part, it's pretty good. Any wrestler you can imagine is available for download. You have to trust the creator, though. You can't edit downloaded wrestlers. Still, there are some pretty talented people out there. Also, they apparently took out the "Bra and Panties Match" and the ability to fight a male character with a female character. Aside from that (it's the first Wrestling game I've bought since SvR 2007) I'm pleased with the purchase. It's got some flaws, but I'm willing to bet I spend more hours with that game than any other, this year.

Around the Network

ROH shows can be found on You Tube (ROH Brazil) if you feel a need to catch up. The show is greatif you are looking just for a good match. If you want promos too well you actually have to watch their internet show Livewire.
On to TNA Sabin actually did get hurt in that match against 3D. I didn't like the way the Bobby Lashley match ended with a run in. The Angle vs. Desmond Wolfe match was okay. It never had a real ending just Wolfe yelling at a almost unconcious Angle after getting a lariat. The Hogzn press conferene was a bore. It seems like he actually wants to wrestle.
I'll post tomorrow after I watch the latest ROH show on You Tube. I don't get HD Net.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

d21lewis said:
I've heard big things about Ring of Honor. From what I understand, some of the best wrestling to be found if from that federation. And I just found out last night that RoH comes on Monday nights at 8pm on HDNet. I'll tune in to see. If the show's any good, I'll keep tuning in!

Also, I bought Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 on Tuesday. For the most part, it's pretty good. Any wrestler you can imagine is available for download. You have to trust the creator, though. You can't edit downloaded wrestlers. Still, there are some pretty talented people out there. Also, they apparently took out the "Bra and Panties Match" and the ability to fight a male character with a female character. Aside from that (it's the first Wrestling game I've bought since SvR 2007) I'm pleased with the purchase. It's got some flaws, but I'm willing to bet I spend more hours with that game than any other, this year.

I also thought this year of SVR may just be worth buying.

Probably will get the 360 version over the Wii one.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

ROH was a little dull this week but they announced the next two mainevents for the following weeeks and they look promising. Next week is a single match with Mcguinus versus Cobanna. The week after has a tag match the American Wolves against Brian Danielson and Roderick Strong. The tag match looks like the better of the two.

I was playing SvR 2010 yesterday, and JBL broke my leg. I was playing as Shawn Michaels. JBL then proceded to say my career was over. Then, he showed a montage of Michael's career highlights -using footage from Smackdown video games from 2000-2008! I laughed out loud while this was going on.

Clever stuff.

Around the Network

Has anyone tried the TNA or WWE search and win sites?

I've been doing the TNA one for a week and I have 25 points, and plan on getting a DVD or shirt in a few months:

http://tnasearch.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-home

^^^ Didn't know that existed.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

lol....right now I only have the points to get a mini-poster....LOL

on Fridays you get like 5 points, so it adds up quick, I'm saving up for that "50 moments dvd" despite it being crappy because I don't own it....that X-division DVD is ace though, if I didn't already have that I'd be all over it.

Good lord, Raw! How long is this "Celebrity Host" thing going to go on? Is it helping ratings at all? Please, make it stop! Let the Rock host it (to promote his new movie), and then put that whole bad idea to rest.

The celeberty host thing has been bad from the begining. Fot some shows it has helped rating but usually the opposite. It totally ruins the flow of the shows and has been a bad idea even when it was trump.