By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Batista is the kiss of death for Smackdown for me, man I was really liking the show until recently :(

Around the Network

Man, I was marking out like crazy for the Rock, last week. He's one of a kind. He made the comment that he would host Raw. Anybody know when/if that's going to happen?

Also, what the hell, WWE? They are KILLING Smackdown. The Undertaker is champion again. Batista is on the show. They are doing a PPV every three weeks, it seems. Vince, sometimes, I wonder about you.

Vince seriously needs to retire, I know they get tons of money from endorsements and such, but holy crap they are going to be in serious trouble in a few years when half of their roster retires...

Is it just me or has TNA gotten better after Jeff Jarrett left? Sure there are a couple of flaws and some questionable things (how did Amazing Red not get disqualified when Bobby Lashley interfered?) But overall, the show has gotten better and the younger stars are getting more airtime which is a big plus for the long run. This week's Impact is going to be 3 hours long. Can't wait.

I enjoyed Global Impact 2 - shame the matches were presented in a small box. The Bound for Glory lineup is looking pretty good. Might order it.

I agree Mirson, I was a Jarrett fan, but believe that he and Dutch Mantell were running the company into the ground at times. it'll be great to see what happens after BFG, as that is the last show not in some way pre-booked by Jarrett. Aside from a few gripes TNA has had an amazing year, much better than the very questionable 2008, which was a lot like WCW on its last legs.

Can't wait to see Abyss vs Foley.

Around the Network

Shane Mcmahon is resigning from WWE. He tendered his resignation a couple of days ago. It will be effective on January 1st,2010. It looks like he won't be taking over the company when Vince is gone.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

oh no, look what the new south park is about!

Nigel McGuinness of ROH fame, just signed a deal with TNA and will apparently show up this week!

Anyone catch the angle v. styles match that happened last week on impact? It was awesome. I real ppv quality match that went to a 20 minute draw (though it may have been closer to 21/22 minutes).

Raw followed it up on monday with Trips v. Cena. Another match that went 20/21 minutes with no interference! And Trips won clean with the Pedigree! No cop-out face v. face finish.

Also on Raw, anyone see how awful Marty Janetty looked? Ugggggg. I mean, he's older but still.... don't put him out there if he can't perform up to standards.

And what the hell is up with the smackdown team? Cryme Tyme instead of the Hart Foundation? Chubby (not over) Eric Escobar instead of chubby (over) Matt Hardy? Having most of their top talent in the main event isn't helping things....

Though, I predict we may see Ted Dibiase either jump to smackdown or at least join team smackdown. I can't imagine them leaving him off the ppv.

That Angle Styles match was amazing! PPv quality if you ask me....hell it was better than the main event at BFG!

Desmond Wolfe (Nigel Mcguiness) had an amazing first night on impact. had he gone to WWE like he was rumored to do, he would have been jobbed out like crazy, but on TNA he is already upper-midcard and feuding with angle.

BTW, the Tower of London (his move) looks better on the six sided ring for some reason.