By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rainbow Six Vegas or GRAW2

I'm going to buy a good tactical shooter for my PS3. It will be R6 or GRAW2. Which one is better? I'm mostly interested in single player mode. Any gamers who played both titles here? It looks like the main difference is indoor (R6) and outdoor (GRAW2) approach to gameplay... or not? Thanks.

Around the Network

I haven't played Vegas, but GRAW2...I played the demo on PSN, was very unimpressed. I would say GRAW2 is very bland. Based on the demo.

I prefered RS:V on the 360 but I heard that GRAW2 was really well doen on the PS3. I think I would still go with RS:V though.

I don't think this really counts as a tactical shooter, but I got FEAR last night, and it kicks major ass on the PS3. Way more tactical than a lot of other FPS games, anyway. Nailing three people to the wall by their heads with a spike gun rules. That's the only way I've been able to glitch the game little, by the way. You use the Penetrator and stick people to walls, and occasionally it'll suck like half their bodies through the wall. It's hilarious. Also exploding people's entire bodies in slo mo with a shotgun kicks ass. Gotta love slo mo screams. lol

Well I hated the single player in Rainbow 6: Vegas that was in part because I had the PC version which it cleary wasn't built for. (Couldn't even remap mouse buttons 4 and 5) Also because like an idiot I tried it on Realistic mode, which translates to Aimbot through smoke screens mode. To spoil a small section for you there's a crummy twist, and the ending just leads on to a sequel. =P

Haven't played G.R.A.W. 2, no idea. 

EDIT: F.E.A.R. does indeed kick ass. It's not a tatical shooter, but it's awesome anyways. Enemies feel 
generally challengeing, and not cheap. Creepy Horror movie atmosphere also very engaging. 

Around the Network

lol at the part where the blood is three feet deep.....on the ceiling...and the doors keep disintegrating....and ghosts are flying through the walls

Reminds me a bit of Turok 2. Enemies are a huge pain in the ass.....if they see you first. But when they don't....BOOSH

i would DEFINITELY go with RS:V kber, the gameplay is more enjoyable, the MP is better(i love the co-op) and the graphics are FAR superior. I rented GRAW2 and it was fun, but if you're only buying one then get RS:V. it's one of the best FPSes I've played in a long time, much more realistic than most, not just run-and-gun.

Yes Vegas is great, played some GRAW1 and wasn´t impressed, Vegas is great the perfect mix of shooter and tactics, the co-op mode is super fun as well:)

Thanks for recommendation pals. I will buy R6Vegas. I played the demo of GRAW 2 and I find it solid so there is always a chance I will pick it up later. I would like to start with better of these two though.