By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict September sales of the big 3...

peachbuggy said:
Some of the predictions seem to high for the Wii. So here's my take on it:- Wii - 725k
Ps3 - 795k
Xbox360 - 575k.

Only be like this for one month mind! jk.

Well, seeing how the Wii sold 260k on "Worldwide Weekly Chart for Week Ending 08th August 2009"

That would be over 1m in 4 weeks if that continued, so in my eyes your wii prediction seems a bit low :P

Currently Playing: Uncharted 2 & Kingdom Hearts 2
2010 Predictions: Click Me

Games on my "Must Buy" List:

Diablo III (PC)
God of War III (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
The Last Guardian (PS3)

Around the Network
AoiRayn said:
peachbuggy said:
Some of the predictions seem to high for the Wii. So here's my take on it:- Wii - 725k
Ps3 - 795k
Xbox360 - 575k.

Well, seeing how the Wii sold 260k on "Worldwide Weekly Chart for Week Ending 08th August 2009"

That would be over 1m in 4 weeks if that continued, so in my eyes your wii prediction seems a bit low :P

You are right! Should have researched more before jumping in with my predictions. Maybe a little low for both Wii and Ps3 then?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
AoiRayn said:
peachbuggy said:
Ps3 - 795k
Xbox360 - 575k.

You are right! Should have researched more before jumping in with my predictions. Maybe a little low for both Wii and Ps3 then?

Well I'm not to judge :P I just think the PS3 sales won't halt the Wii sales by that much. As for 360 though, I think it'll keep selling a bit less than it had, but not by much either.

But since Halo 3:ODST is coming out late september, it'll be hard to predict..

Currently Playing: Uncharted 2 & Kingdom Hearts 2
2010 Predictions: Click Me

Games on my "Must Buy" List:

Diablo III (PC)
God of War III (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
The Last Guardian (PS3)

peachbuggy said:
Ps3 - 795k
Xbox360 - 575k.

Well, your prediction would mean the lowest month for the Wii EVER IN ITS HISTORY, with 181k units for four weeks, while it currently sells 259k.

Even the pre-WSR sales are significantly bigger than that, 819k in July, and 794k in June, but there IS a new growth from WSR since that.

Edit: On the other hand, I can't see why does everyone believe that the xbox 360 will sell much better than this month. While it will have some advantages, I think the PS3 pricecut will directly compensate these negatively.

Wii = 1050k
PS3 = 740k
X360 = 510k

Around the Network

Wii - 900k-1M
PS3 - 700k-750k
X360 - 500k

You guys thinking PS3 is gonna trump the 360 think about this, the Elite is also getting 100 price drop August 30th AND the Arcade is still 100-120 bucks cheaper

PS3 - 850k

Wii - 760k

X360 - 500k

peachbuggy said:
Ps3 - 795k
Xbox360 - 575k.

You say some predictions are to high for the Wii so you made a low ball prediction?

Are you just hoping

FilaBrasileiro said:
You guys thinking PS3 is gonna trump the 360 think about this, the Elite is also getting 100 price drop August 30th AND the Arcade is still 100-120 bucks cheaper

Can I have a link please?