By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Maybe some light to PS3 Slim Rumors? - LIstings start appearing for slim

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2009/08/kmart-website-reveals-listing-for-299-ps3-slim/1

Apparently K-Mart put up a listing for PS3 Slim at $299, but took it down, and Sears did likewise. Maybe there is some verification for the PS3 Slim rumor coming soon.

Around the Network

...yeah... werent you one of the people laughing about the idea?

JEDE3 said:
...yeah... werent you one of the people laughing about the idea?

No, I said I don't believe rumors, and when it was officially announced, I'd rescind my viewpoint. Viewpoint is now rescinded. It's a good move by Sony at a good price. Let's see how the cards play now. Will Nintendo answer back with a drop to $199 for the holidays? It seems that $50 between the HD competition and the SD system that the Wii is isn't much of a gap. A console for under $200 might move people more towards that direction.

Should be an interesting few months coming up. Nonetheless, a good decision by Sony.

I wonder what the specs are to the slim.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

^^ I'm wondering the same, it'd be interesting to see what they did to scale back both cost and architecture, plus maintained good cooling to prevent it from its own RROD syndrome.

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
^^ I'm wondering the same, it'd be interesting to see what they did to scale back both cost and architecture, plus maintained good cooling to prevent it from its own RROD syndrome.

absoloutly nothing.

^^ so if they did nothing to scale back cost, then they're just taking a bigger hit per unit sold?

bardicverse said:
^^ so if they did nothing to scale back cost, then they're just taking a bigger hit per unit sold?

nope. I thought you meant strip out of the console. what they did is cut 4 pounds and box size to save on shipping. shrink rsx and cell to 45nm and use a smaller case with a nongloss finish with out the chrome PLAYSTATION 3 on the top of it. used push buttons instead of touch. i don't know if there is a chrome face plate but i doubt it.

^^ gotcha, yea saw tech specs posted on the news page. Should def give Sony a much needed boost.