By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why does USA have "In god we trust" on it's money?

Well, good. Maybe you can facepalm in the little corner you've dug yourself into.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Well, good. Maybe you can facepalm in the little corner you've dug yourself into.

I'm sorry.  I'll try to not make your ideas look so idiotic in the future.

Wow, this is pathetic. You do realize these aren't my ideas, right? These are facts. Jesus is not a God. The fact that you're just responding to my posts with childish comebacks really shows how this argument turned out.

MontanaHatchet said:

Jesus is not a God.

The fact that you're just responding to my posts with childish comebacks really shows how this argument turned out.

I actually agree with that.  The problem is that we are talking about what Christians think.  And Christians think that Jesus is the Son of God.

Childish, aye?  Lets see how many sentences you can manage to write before resorting to immature name-calling and personal attacks.

ManusJustus said:

MontanaHatchet said:

Jesus is not a God.

I actually agree with that.  The problem is that we are talking about what Christians think.  And Christians think that Jesus is the Son of God.

Childish, aye?  Lets see how many sentences you can manage to write before resorting to immature name-calling and personal attacks.

*Sigh*

Let me explain this to you. Christianity is a monotheistic religion. This means that Christians worship one god. While Jesus is the son of God (and God incarnate), he is not God. There is only one God.

By the way, I called your comebacks childish (which they were). I never called you childish, which just goes to show that you're going to any length to find some reason to continue arguing. Now stop annoying me, or I'll drag other people in here so they can also tell you that you're wrong.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Christians don't believe that Jesus is a god, they believe that Jesus is the physical incarnation of the only god ... The father, son and holy ghost are the same entity in Christianity

Although i'd contest the fact that many christians believe that.  I think most actually don't.

They think Jesus is the son of god and that god is above him... and nobody really knows what the hell the holy ghost is.

MontanaHatchet said:
ManusJustus said:

MontanaHatchet said:

Jesus is not a God.

*Sigh*

Let me explain this to you. Christianity is a monotheistic religion. This means that Christians worship one god. While Jesus is the son of God (and God incarnate), he is not God. There is only one God.

By the way, I called your comebacks childish (which they were). I never called you childish, which just goes to show that you're going to any length to find some reason to continue arguing. Now stop annoying me, or I'll drag other people in here so they can also tell you that you're wrong.

I feel sorry for you.  I'm also sorry that you consider being taught something as annoying.

The only thing I can suggest you do is go ask Christians what they think of Jesus.  Regardless of whatever dogma or literaure you are referring to, most Christians think that Jesus is the Son of God.

ManusJustus said:
MontanaHatchet said:
ManusJustus said:

MontanaHatchet said:

Jesus is not a God.

*Sigh*

I feel sorry for you.  I'm also sorry that you consider being taught something as annoying.

The only thing I can suggest you do is go ask Christians what they think of Jesus.  Regardless of whatever dogma or literaure you are referring to, most Christians think that Jesus is the Son of God.

You feel sorry for me? This is almost at the point of flaming. You don't even know me. You obviously know nothing about me, nor what you're talking about. Most Christians do believe Jesus is the son of God. That's correct. However, they don't think he is a god. Didn't I explain this a couple posts back? In fact, haven't I answered all of your points a dozen times? Why you persist on arguing this is beyond me.

MontanaHatchet said:

You feel sorry for me? This is almost at the point of flaming. You don't even know me. You obviously know nothing about me, nor what you're talking about. Most Christians do believe Jesus is the son of God. That's correct. However, they don't think he is a god. Didn't I explain this a couple posts back? In fact, haven't I answered all of your points a dozen times? Why you persist on arguing this is beyond me.

Almost at the point of flaming?  I thought the flaming already started when you referred to me as ignorant, idiotic, childish, and deserving of being smacked in the face.

Just do as I said, ask Christians what they think of Jesus.  You'll find that most regard Jesus as a God and they expect to meet both God and Jesus in Heaven.  You can't blame them for this, the Bible is full of instances of Jesus being seperate from God, talking to God whom he refers to as Father, saying that his Father has many mansions in heaven, saying he is God's only son, and the Devil trying to tempt Jesus away from God.

Whatever idea of Jesus you have, it is not mainstream.  Which is why Christianity is Monotheistic* (with an asterik)

*Trinity - which has many conflicting ideas that many dont understand.

@ManusJustus

I'm a Chrustian and I don't believe Jesus is a God. Some people might believe that because it is their belief or because
they were told by someone and the believe it or they just don't fully understand the diety. I might have thought that he was a God
several years ago but I've learned more since then.

@OT

I'm guessing it's because of the strong moral influence in the nation at the time.
It has nothing to do with Separation of Church and State imo, the Gov't isn't telling you what religion to follow or what your beliefs should be,
it is just a statement that the nation had trust in God and believed he was watching over them.