By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MLB Power Pros Review

Although at first I thought it was just a cute little game, I was astonished to know the depth of the game.

You can do virtually almost anything in this game. In the Success mode, you follow your character from college to MLB, juggling between a girlfriend, studies, practice, and your job.

You can run plays for every possible hit. Want Bonds to hit at a higher angle consistently? Switch his angle bar and he'll crack higher long-balls. Add in pitching abilities and you've got an estimated 75+ skills to work with. It's simply staggering.
From the moment you create a file the game records the data for every pitch thrown, every swing taken, or every contact with the ball, laying it all out in massive grids of info. Will you ever care to know that you only hit 33.2% of circle change-ups thrown on the bottom left corner of the strike zone while using a lefty batter? Probably not, but if you do the info is there for your consideration.

This has been a very surprising find for me, although it has almost no use of motion sensing, but at 40$ it seems as a definite buy for me. IGN gave it a 8.4, with everything 8.5 and graphics 7.5. Considering the depth of the game, I can overlook that.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/825/825828p1.html

Around the Network

The game does strike me as interesting. I am usually not a fan of sports games. My brother is. He buys all the Madden's and NCAA and FIFA and such. I grew up on a few sports games (I found Madden '94 in a box the other day). This is different though. I am tempted to pick it up. But I already have 5+ games on my wish list this holiday season (SMG, RE: UC, Trauma Center, Lego Star Wars, SSBB and maybe Zak and Wiki, SoulCaliber Legends, Fire Emblem, etc.) Who says Wii doesnt have good games!?

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!