By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - UNICEF needs your help ! (No not your money)

Ok my aunt works for UNICEF in germany and today she had some questions for me, she is in charge of making awareness videos to be shown on congresses and the send around the world. Her two questions where:

1. Can you make a DVD with the same film but multiple region codes ???  So you would have a film that works on DVD players around the worls ??? Or put different region codes on the same DVD ??? I´m pretty sure you can´t but I wanted to be sure so I´ll ask you guys.

2. Is it a problem to take videos (as in old-school videos) from differen region codes and mix them on a DVD ??? I´m sure it´s no problem with the right equipment but again I wanted to be sure.

Me, my aunt and UNICEF would be very happy if someone knew for sure.

Thanx The Dude 

Around the Network

1. I'm pretty sure you can, for example DVD-shrink lets you choose which regions you want the DVD to work on. You can select all of them simultaneously.

2. With the right software, you can do that for sure. It's just a matter of extracting the different videos, putting them together and then creating a region-free DVD with the result.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Just remembered that regarding question 1, PAL/NTSC differences might give some headaches. But many (most?) players can read both formats I believe.

I trust that someone else will shed light on that.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

^^ thanx NJ5, I use DVD-shrink myself but I wasn´t sure if it´s possible to make a DVD any NTSC/PAL player can play...

thanx 

Is there really nobody around who knows this for sure ???

Around the Network

You can make one region free I believe if you're burner has this option. That failing all I can say is a decent amount of DVD players are region free.