By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A blast from the past!!! with SONY

So I was bored yesterday and I was cleaning out the cupboard under my PC and I found some Playstation magazines from 1995 onwards.
I couldnt believe my eyes reading it. There were games in there that bought back so many memories and games that where laughable graphicly and the prices of some of the gadjets and games where shocking, and we complain about the prices today!!

September 1995 playstation launched in europe at £299 :O
and the games were pretty expensive too and for a long time eg, Resident evil 2 was Released at £50

here's a scan at some of the Xmas gadjets of 1996 This was an interesting find on the xmas wishlist ,a rather interesting gadet which looks a lot like the popular Wii mote today

I was quite shocked in finding this it even has the trigger on the botton, its called the ACSII Grip  quoted from  the official playstation magazine "Designed for the ultimate one handed expirience and great for RPG'S and simulation games" " This joystick has gimmick written all over it.Crap.

then in a xmas magazine of 1997 review on how Gran turismo is going to be the best racing game out

Sorry about the poor image my scanner wnet spaz on me.

Also in the same magazine how opsm made the internet go crazy with there perception of what the  PLAYSTATION 2  will look like, even though it was only there perception of what it would be like , I would upload plenty more but I'm leaving for work in a bit there was also reviews on FF7 i will finish it when i come back

Around the Network

Interesting. I love history, I love games. The history of games me is therefore very interesting to me. Thanks for this glimpse of the past.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

This is the thread that went wrong for some reason it uploaded twice, read the other one for the proper pictures
it actually has the design of the ps2

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=80720

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)