By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Were you ever a fan of aerial combat or space combat games

I been a fan of space combat games for a long time now.  I remember i used to play X-wing and Tie Fighter on my uncles computer when I used to go over.  I still play quite a few games now though I need a new joystick.  When i get the change i hit up X-wing Vs Tie Fighter, Decent Freespace, and Freelancer.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

Around the Network

Yep, I loved the X-Wing/Tie Fighter games. I wish they would bring those back someday.
I also had Privateer but never finished it. Was a big fan of the Wing Commander series. I think Wing Commander started the whole movie cutscenes thing, that last one was like 4 cd's.

Freelancer is something I havent tried. Might be worth it to go find a copy in some bargain bin eh?

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Not really space combat, but Solar Jetman for NES was an awsome game.

Star Control II for P.C. was great too.

Man I would die if Totally Games make a X-wing Vs Tie Fighter 2. Man I bet I know a Tie Advanced would look sick or even having a great looking A-wing.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

I also liked the Wing Commander games, WC2 was my favorite.

Around the Network
fagarcia75 said:

You hit the nail on the head for me.

Star Control II had the most amazing blend of Space Combat(With multiplayer) and Freeform RPG elements.

I would buy any system that brought me a new one.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

I don't like this genre at all, for me its sports, racing and FPS.

I liked Rogue Squadron I and II. Espeically II, Rogue Leader was a blast, played it forever. Got every Gold and Ace medal. Even for Endurance. Took over three hours of play to get a Gold in Endurance on my second try. Was a hellva lot more exciting and trying than 7-day survivor on Dead Rising. =P

Rebel strike, not so much a fan of, in fact the only thing I really remember was co-op versions of Rogue Leader missions. Also use to play X-Wing Alliance when I was a kid. I sucked at it though so I usually just cheated. (Love PC's.) 

Do 2D games count, played enough Galaga to count for something. XD 

dschumm said:
fagarcia75 said:

You hit the nail on the head for me.

Star Control II had the most amazing blend of Space Combat(With multiplayer) and Freeform RPG elements.

I would buy any system that brought me a new one.

I heard that they had made a 3-d Star Control III for P.C., but from what I understand the game was horrible.

Someone should definately pick up the rights to the Star Control franchise and make it current gen.  Wii or DS would be great, and I don't even own a D.S.

We should turn this tread to a discussion of all things Star Control II for the few people who have played it. It is the greatest space adventure video game to date!!!