By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OFFICIAL: 40Gb Announced!!!

@dtewi

So out of all the great games (YOU ignore) out you say LAIR (the worst)

I feel you have shown enough bias in that post that there is NO POINT in trying to make you understand anything

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
@Hawk & Onna

For Gods sake stop twisting everything you can see

PS2 games ARE INFERIOR compared to Ps3 games

not just graphically, but in many other ways like physics....

I may have taken what you said incorrectly. You may mean PS2 games are technologically inferior to PS3 games. Yes, absolutely. But inferior tech does not equal inferior game. And again, if all that matters to you is technologically more powerful games, then thats your preference. But plenty of gamers don't think technologically inferior game means inferior game

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

What is wrong with people? Not just you, but everyone on every forum and website. Every move Sony makes, even if it is what people asked for, is completely trashed by everyone.

People wanted rumble, would not shut up about rumble, Sony announces rumble. Instead of saying "Yes! Sony listened to us!!!" people jump on the "OMG! Sony said rumble was last gen, what losers!!!"

Now people said - OMG PS3 OVERPRICED = CRAP

so now we have a price dropped

once again it gets bashed

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

darthdevidem said:
What is wrong with people? Not just you, but everyone on every forum and website. Every move Sony makes, even if it is what people asked for, is completely trashed by everyone.

People wanted rumble, would not shut up about rumble, Sony announces rumble. Instead of saying "Yes! Sony listened to us!!!" people jump on the "OMG! Sony said rumble was last gen, what losers!!!"

Now people said - OMG PS3 OVERPRICED = CRAP

so now we have a price dropped

once again it gets bashed

thats what I'm trying to figure out. This forums makes no sense. I bet if Nintendo raised the price of the Wii $50
 everyone here would be like "it sells well, they want money, NICE JOB NINTENDO!!! WOOT WOOT" 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

@ssj12

hopefully a MONTH later we'll see the sales n we'll be able to say STFU to these people...lol

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Around the Network

Why do you guys even think that people who don't agree with Sony doing certain things is per definition a Nintendo fanboy. Not everyone around here is a "fanboy". *Pointing at her signature*.

There are people who care about that you know, but you only care about what's interesting for you but not what's interesting for others.

They could just have dropped the price without removing the BC. People weren't asking about hey.. drop this or that to make it cheaper. The only thing they've asked for is a "price drop"!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

The current PS3 bundle in Europe got a price drop of €100. €599 -> €499
They added a new model for people that do not want BC: €399

So if you want BC you are paying €100 less than before.
If you do not want BC, you get a PS3 with no bundle for €200 less.

Am I missing something? How is this a bad thing for the consumer? Are they getting rid of BC all together?

darthdevidem said:
@Hawk & Onna

For Gods sake stop twisting everything you can see

PS2 games ARE INFERIOR compared to Ps3 games

not just graphically, but in many other ways like physics....

Can we have a show of hands of who has had more fun with say Kingdom Hearts versus Heavenly Sword?

How about just <insert PS2 game> versus <insert PS3 game>?

*~Onna76~* said:
Why do you guys even think that people who don't agree with Sony doing certain things is per definition a Nintendo fanboy. Not everyone around here is a "fanboy". *Pointing at her signature*.

im not really meaning everyone here just the general population of this forum. And most people here no matter if a fanboy or not is being retarded. IF removing the ram and GS from the 40GB allows the console to be manufactured cheaper then let it be so. Everyone asked for a cheaper model, its not like they are removing the ability to play Blu-ray movies and PS3 games from the PS3.

And like I just said in the "another Sony lie" thread":

"they are holding true to that but offering a console without it too. The 60 in Eurasia and the 40. 60 has BC, the 40 doesn't. The 60 is getting a price cut so you get 2 games and the console for less. In the US you get the 80GB for 499 (soon) w/  motorstorm and the 40GB for $399 with Spiderman 3. They didnt change their game plan they just saw that there is a slowly declining amount of people who care about their old games. Really I do play my PS2 games sometimes but I much rather use my PS2 then PS3 even though most PS2 games look better on the PS3."

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

An update from kotaku
http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/scee-ps3-60gb-nixed-for-uk-too-307651.php

From Nick Sharples, Sony's Director of Corporate Communications in Europe:

"
The 60GB Starter pack will remain on sale until stocks run out (a number of months, depending on territory.) Thereafter, the 40GB model will be the only SKU in the SCEE region.
"

BC is way overrated. To me is just a something that is nice to have. Maybe they can release some of those ps2 games online or something. In the end all that matters is that the system still plays PS3 games which is what most people are buying it for. This will boost sales but not as much as some may think. We will soon find out.