By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto to the Wii

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=108810 Just thought I pass that on. I think they will fail at getting it, the system doesn't have the power to run the new engine and if they did it would be a weaker port. I don't see how the controller of the wii would aid gameplay at all.

Around the Network

While GTA:Wii would be nice... I wouldn't buy it. Honestly, I think it's in Rockstar's best interest to do so, though... if they want to start being seen as a developer on the same level as, say, Ubisoft or Capcom, they're going to need a couple "all-platform" titles, and GTA is their flagship franchise.

Yep, I agree with fishamaphone. It may not be a fantastic release for them, but the systems and the people who have those systems are there to possibly buy it.

Good to see this site is still going 

I think it will not work with Wii. Wii users don't want to spread annihilation and violence. They like funny Mario and friends. When I look at Zelda sale in Japan I'm sure there is no place for complex titles. BTW have you seen this awful spot of Paper Mario with these silly kids, dumb music and awful graphics... yes, cpu doesn't matter at all for audience like these kids. Edit: "see on"

WRONG

Around the Network

kber81 said: I think it will not work with Wii. Wii users don't want to spread annihilation and violence. They like funny Mario and friends. When I see on Zelda sale in Japan I'm sure there is no place for complex titles. BTW have you seen this awful spot of Paper Mario with these silly kids, dumb music and awful graphics... yes, cpu doesn't matter at all for audience like these kids.
I think it's wrong to say we don't like violence, so much as we don't normally get it on nintendo machines. We get a few M rated games but few of them are rated highly on their violence or blood factor. To have a handful of games such as GTA/Manhunt 2 and things of that nature would be an asset to nintendo -and- the developer. Like it or not there are many people that -cannot- afford 600 or 400 dollars (us) on a system and 60$ per game. If wii can offer an alternative for those that want it but cannot afford the more expensive variety or don't want to spend on it then it's good all around. It will give the developer resources to develop games for 360 and ps3(those games cost so damn much these days ;;) and Wii. There is a market for M or A/O games on Nintendo just as there would be anywhere else, especially now that they seem to be letting companies do them in more frequency. As a note.. I hate FPS, survival horror all of that crap.. However I won't pretend that stuff doesn't sell.

New Rockstar IP please.

I'd certainly buy it. GTA's not going to have polished realistic graphics no matter what because the world is just too large to put in the detail required to pull together that look; so long as the Wii port is essentially content-identical I'd be fine... and while the control wouldn't benefit much, at least the pointer would solve the horrible free aiming in GTA games. Godfather looks like it's nailed Wii controls, and is the port to own, so there's no reason GTA couldn't benefit as well. As for the Wii being powerful enough, that all depends on how far back you have to scale the graphics.

stewacide said: GTA's not going to have polished realistic graphics no matter what because the world is just too large to put in the detail required to pull together that look;
Sure it's way too much when we are talking about GC 1.5 but you shouldn't underestimate the power of next-gen platforms. This game will contain "polished realistic graphics" and huge areas - I'm sure about this. There will not be a success without really improved graphics, they know about this. It will be a new quality. Quality which Wii can't afford for.

I wouldn't be that surprised ... It is likely that Rockstar could treate the PSP,PS2 and Wii as a collection of platforms with (somewhat) similar performance; obviously the Wii could handle higher detailed models, environements and textures but this can be handled quite easily. The PSP,PS2 and Wii will have a larger combined active userbase than the XBox 360 and PS3 for most (or possibly all) of the generation. Basically, it wouldn't surprise me if any game made it to the Wii but I would expect that (in many cases) the Wii version or XBox 360/PS3 versions would be a spin-off version of the other's game.