By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Netflix is Heading to Sony This Fall

Remember Microsoft touting their Netflix deal to bring streaming movie service to Xbox? Of course you do, it was actually a big announcement for E3. However Sony has been content with providing their own service through PS3 with a good lineup of TV and Movies support, which by the way include Sony pictures.

Well just recently Netflix has announced they have partnered with Sony to bring their service to the Sony Bravia TV’s that have internet capabilities.

"Sony has been a world leader in consumer electronics for decades," said Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, in a statement. "We are proud to include Sony Electronics among our CE partners who continue to provide new and exciting ways for Netflix members to instantly watch movies and TV episodes in their living rooms on their TVs."v

However where is the PS3 in this deal? Netflix is doing everything they can to get their service on every device that links to the TV period and yet we stand without the service on PS3? I personally enjoy the fact that I can browse the entire lineup of movies on the PlayStation without having to pay a service like Netflix, and if they do ever jump on board our ship I hope it stays that way. Of course Sony is “always looking for more support” for the movie service, but something smells fishy here, possibly a timed deal with Microsoft? Who knows, but Sony must remember Blockbuster is always standing by their door too!

Source: http://news.digitaltrends.com/news-article/20365/netflix-skips-the-playstation-3-and-lands-on-sony-bravia-tvs

Tell me what you guys think. Good move by Sony?

DISCUSSSSSSSS

Around the Network

Can Sony even afford to get it on the ps3?

The PlayStation Video Store is grand enough on its own, but Netflix is welcomed.

For the TV's not the PS3...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

is Netflix comming or not????

Around the Network

EUROPE PLEASE! Id spend so much money it would be insane. Instead i have to throw myself into the dark underground ruled by criminals, downloading movies.

MAFKKA what would you be spending so much money on? It is a subscription service.

I would luvvvvv NetFlix on my ps3 luviluviluvi.... only Sony TVs? how does this make any kind of sence? :(

Mehz. I'll just rent my blurays from over my PC as usual! :)

Misleading title, please make the thread again with a better title.