By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mechwarrior 5 in the making O_O

July 7, 2009 - Could a new MechWarrior game be in development? Signs seem to point to yes, with a recent teaser trailer being released on the Internets. Voodoo Extreme posted a short nine second trailer that shows off a city street and a number of slick looking sports cars. The street starts to vibrate as a stomping sound can be overheard, and shortly thereafter, what looks like a mech leg crunches into view. The video then ends as debris is propelled from the ground due to the impact.

Could this video show the new MechWarrior game?

If this is indeed a new MechWarrior game, it would be huge for fans of the franchise, who have been waiting for a true sequel to MechWarrior 4: Vengeance. While the last expansion pack for that game was released in 2002, fans were hoping for more from the FASA Interactive/Microsoft partnership, which unfortunately fell apart. With FASA Interactive officially dead, the rights to the MechWarrior franchise were acquired by Smith and Tinker, which was founded by FASA founder Jordan Weisman. This acquisition, along with the teaser trailer, indicates that the series could potentially be gearing up once again. Also, considering that the article mentions Piranha games, it indicates that Smith and Tinker have formed a partnership to work on the game, which should be promising for mech fans. Piranha has some experience with gigantic robots, having just finished work on the recently released Transformer games.

It would be a vast visual overhaul from MechWarrior 4: Vengeance.
 I would think its a PC game first and foremost. Whoops.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

A new Mech title sounds good.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I think Rare might be involved in this ...

Edit - ooh, should of read the last part, not Microsoft IP. Well its most likely to hit 360 so I'm happy!

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!!!!!

I have waited for this day to come, I will march out and buy a top of the line gaming PC just to play this game if it actually comes out!

PS. dont know why this is in Microsoft section though

Why would Rare be involved?

Could be a good thing, we shall see how Smith and Ticker handle it.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!!!!!

I have waited for this day to come, I will march out and buy a top of the line gaming PC just to play this game if it actually comes out!

PS. dont know why this is in Microsoft section though

My bad. I reposted it in the PC section. if those are ingame graphics, which on a PC is possible, then that'd be incredible :D

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I hope they decide to make a new Mechassault or at least bring MechWarrior 5 to the 360.

I think I'm getting this confused with something else, maybe Mechassault?

seece said:
I think I'm getting this confused with something else, maybe Mechassault?

its basically the same thing.   MechAssault was an arcade type version of it,  it was the same studios I beleive.  MechWarrior will always be the better game though

Does Microsoft own the MechAssault ip? I've been wondering why they haven't made a new one, it was popular on the last system