By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Portal Pre-cached

The game has been pre-cached. I wonder when its going to be released.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Cool, I'm glad its packed in Half-Life 2: The Orange Box for the Xbox 360.

@ssj12

They also have the game listed as October 9 this year for the PC. And its being released alongside Half Life 2: The Orange Box.

W29 said:
@ssj12

They also have the game listed as October 9 this year for the PC. And its being released alongside Half Life 2: The Orange Box.

HL2:E2 isnt available for pre-caching yet, thats why I wonder if maybe we will be able to play Portal before HL2:E2 is released or not.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Muahaha, this game is gonna rock on so many levels. I love a good puzzle game, but when you throw in a bit of violence to add some pressure and help you relieve frustration when your stuck...well hell thats just a brilliant game plain and simple =)

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

I absolutely love the Aperture Science theme of this game, it's just too funny. Can't wait to play this next week. :)

What does the whole pre-cache thing mean? You can download (most of) it, but not play yet?

It means the entire game will download itself for anybody who has already pre-ordered the game. The second the game is released, it'll be ready for play!

Well that's it in theory, it hasn't always worked as accurately in the past, the HL2 launch is a pretty huge example of that when users were stuck for days trying to get their games to validate first before being able to play them!

My copy of HL2 validated itself on launch day. The servers were being slammed pretty hard, you had to try a couple times. TF2 launch also went relatively smoothly once it finally did launch in the middle of the night.

Most, if not all, of the bugs have been worked out of the system now.

To Each Man, Responsibility