By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Big 3 YTD YOY sales and market share update.

I think I'm right in saying that the 360 is the only console to gain marketshare over the past year? Which is very interesting.

Also interesting to note that according to UK law, Microsoft is very close to a monopoly position (above 30%)

Around the Network

Very interesting. Wii is 1,2 millions of this year while you had wii fit and mario kart last year. With WSR, wii fit plus and NSMB Wii to come later, nintendo's hardware projections are plausible without any price drop. Impressive. Good for X360, despite the market has dropped overall.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

That is rather interesting. Surprised to see the Wii drop off so much. I imagine it will recover during the rest of the year though. Its a nasty nosedive for Sony. Props to MS for managing to remain in such a strong position.

700k up YoY is nice.

I'm not that much into sales number, is it feasible for the 360 to end at 35M by the time 2009 ends?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Keep in mind the 360 did have a price cut 6 months ago. The PS3 has yet to cut the price since 2007.

Around the Network

360 is doing well based on it's excellent price point and value proposition but it still lacks an major compelling titles for the rest of the year. Some AAA titles yes, but nothing attention grabbing.

Wii should do fine with WSR and NSMBWii. I doubt WiiFit Plus will boost system sales. MH3 will also be a huge factor in Jpn. It'll have a better 2nd half this year than last for sure.

Sony is in real trouble. Terrible price point and no announced major titles for this year. MAG and Uncharted 2 simply won't do. Without GoW3, GT5 or FFXIII there's no compelling reason to get a PS3 over a 360 this year. Without the games even a price cut can't help much. I'm starting to think they might as well wait until 2010 to drop the price, a full $100 right before the big 3 hit. That would get them flying off the shelves.

@Kowen, do remember that if the PS3 drops its price to $299.99 then this price cut will do more damage then the previous one, b/c its now cheaper. What will the damage be? Atleast outselling the 360 for a year, and outselling the Wii for 1-2-3 months.

^^1 or 2 or 3, and how does it have no chance? The Wii would only be $50 dollars less then the PS3 then. EVERY Wii owner I know said that they have bought a Wii JUST b/c of its price.

Well, last year, the Wii had Mario Kart, Wii Fit, and Super Smash Bros, and the launch of WiiWare.

This year, WMP will close the gap slightly in Japan this month.
In a few weeks, we should see a small hardware rise here in America.

The Monster Hunter 3 release in Japan could give the Wii a 25k-50k hardware boost in Japan because of the bundle, added to the normal 10k-15k the Wii gets every week now.

New Super Mario Brothers Wii, if it comes out this year, will arguably be the next Mario Kart, probably selling at least 10m lifetime and keeping Wii sales high in a similar fashion to the Nintendo DS.

I could imagine that the sales chart in 2009 will look like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Wii Play, NSMBW for every week of the year in the Top 15.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

@rafichamp

Theres no way Sony can cut the price $100 with the financial situation their in. At most I see a $50 price cut with a game bundled. Even if the Slim PS3 is released this year, which I'm not so sure it will be, I don't think the price will be $300. Especially considering we have data showing Sony was still losing money on every PS3 sold just one or two months back.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers