By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Project Gotham Getting Good Reviews

Will PGR4 be a huge success as well this week...

OXM review put it 10/10...

Eurogamer has it a 9/10... http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=84445

What do you racing junkies think?  Is dynamic weather, a suite of locations to race in, the Geometry Wars semi-sequel add on game, and motorbike racing enough to make it a must buy racing game on the 360?

Around the Network

Considering the graphics look like they are currently the best of any racing game ever (better than FM2 and GT5 prologue), and the PGR series has fantastic gameplay that will probably be enhanced greatly by bikes and weather-affected road conditions...YES, if you like racers this is a killer app.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

If you have a 360 this is the racer to get, but it holds nothing on GT5. The car models in GT5 are photo realistic compared to the arcade look of PGR4. 200k poly models in GT5, 90k models in PGR4. But the weather and some of the street courses look very nice, and the mirrors in PGR4 are the best in any racing game.

PGR has always been a lot of fun. I'm not a huge racing fan but I clocked up well over a hundred hours on PGR2, which is truly absurd for a gamer such as myself.

From everything I've seen this should be an excellent game and one that is well worth a purchase even if you're not the biggest racing fan.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

I've never been that impressed with Gran Turismo, something about it almost seemed cartoony. I'm glad to see the 360 is stepping up the level of what racing games should be with titles like Forza and Project gotham.