By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii hit the 70 million console mark WW by the end of 2009?

i doubt it. like haxxiy said, thats 20 million consoles in 6 and a half months. thats a bit far. im betting 60-65 mil. if the wii does reach 70 mil, ill be impressed.

Around the Network

I'd say 65 million is a more accurate guess. Even then, 15million consoles in 6 months is an absurd number to sell.

But if any machine sells 20 million in six months, it'll be the Wii that does. I just don't think it'll be this year.

Its possible but not likely.

I dont think so. More realistic peak for the end of the year is 65mil? Which isnt bad at all. It will surely hit 60+mill which is still fantastic.

I would be surprised if it sells 60 million by the end of 2009.

People seem to forget the Wii sells over a million a week in december.

70 million is practically guarenteed.

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:

Wanna bet? Simple avatar and sig control for a month?

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
i love how everyone says like "i think it will" but "i hope it doesn't"

LoL, if Wii rises in Japan because of Wii Sports Resort and MH3, it's very likely

If you were referring to my previous post i would have said that i hope Wii sells more than 400k, not that i hope worse than this. If the Wii can reach 70M this year i'm the first persone who'll be happy!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

supermario128 said:
Yes, it will sell 74 million as you can see in my profile.

You just want the profile views.........you're like an addict!

OT: At the beginning of 09, I thought that 70M would be a given. However, sales this year seem much slower to me. Hopefully it does, but I think it'll end up a million or 2 short. I think Japan will decide if the 70M barrier is breached.

Buzzi said:
now is 200k for week, we can say 1 m per month...in the holiday i think (but not hope) it won't overpass the 400k for week, so 1.5 m...christmas will be great, but as someone as just said 20m in 6 months it's too much also for the Wii...we shoul see if the big games of this year will boost the sales as good as this goal need.

so the console that sold 1.7m in 1 week won't be able to break 400k in a single week the following year??

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39726&end=39817

Last year it sold 10m units WW between the beginning of October and the end of December

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Oct 2008 to 03rd Jan 2009:

Console Wii
Total

Now, this doesn't mean it will sell 20m in 6 months, but it does mean you have no clue what you are talking about.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Valkyria00 said:
BladeOfGod said:

Wanna bet? Simple avatar and sig control for a month?

HELL NO! I am not taking any bets. EVER!!!