By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Local retail sales in my city

So yea, i had to buy the burning crusade again because i sold my old WoW account,

anyways, i went to a retailer called E-plaza (same franchise as Bart Smit, well known in Benelux) and there was this pretty hot gaming chick behind the counter. So as obsessed with sales as i am, i asked how many Ps3's, Wii's and 360's she was selling (she works daily). And to my surprise, i got the chance to peek in the stores actual sales of some weeks. Now ofcourse, this is just a small shop in a..quite small city (approx 250.000 population), but still it can show trends.

Now for 3 weeks, i found an average of

9 Wii's a week
0 Ps3's (she looked through the history and last bought PS3 was from the beginning of august), so you can assume it sells 1 every 1.5 month.
3-4 360's a week, she already sold 5 this week but that is ofcourse, thanks to halo 3.
5 Ps2's a week, she was still surprised it was selling a lot, not much games though she told me.

i kinda forgot to look for DS/PSP sales, my apologies for that!

But i hope this kinda gives an idea of how things are going nowadays over here.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Neos said:

5 Ps2's a week, she was still surprised it was selling a lot, not much games though she told me.

This is probably because there are so many used PS2 games flying around. I just bought my first PS2 this week, but won't be buying a single new game for it. I (and probably anyone else on the planet) know several people who own a PS2, and I can borrow just about any game I want from them. Even if there were games none of them had, I could just get them for dirt cheap from online auctions.

Despite all that, I can't find a used PS2 for much under 100€ (retail price of cheapest bundle 145€) anywhere. Poor hardware reliability boosting demand?

you should see about making this girl a 'regular' source

Then you can update Bod's Toys R Us thread regularly!

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Parokki said:
Neos said:

This is probably because there are so many used PS2 games flying around. I just bought my first PS2 this week, but won't be buying a single new game for it. I (and probably anyone else on the planet) know several people who own a PS2, and I can borrow just about any game I want from them. Even if there were games none of them had, I could just get them for dirt cheap from online auctions.

Despite all that, I can't find a used PS2 for much under 100€ (retail price of cheapest bundle 145€) anywhere. Poor hardware reliability boosting demand?

Mod Chips are the main reason...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Neos said:

So yea, i had to buy the burning crusade again because i sold my old WoW account,

anyways, i went to a retailer called E-plaza (same franchise as Bart Smit, well known in Benelux) and there was this pretty hot gaming chick behind the counter. So as obsessed with sales as i am, i asked how many Ps3's, Wii's and 360's she was selling (she works daily). And to my surprise, i got the chance to peek in the stores actual sales of some weeks. Now ofcourse, this is just a small shop in a..quite small city (approx 250.000 population), but still it can show trends.

9 Wii's a week
0 Ps3's (she looked through the history and last bought PS3 was from the beginning of august), so you can assume it sells 1 every 1.5 month.
3-4 360's a week, she already sold 5 this week but that is ofcourse, thanks to halo 3.

Screw the sales numbers... get her phone number....

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
kn said:
Neos said:

9 Wii's a week

Screw the sales numbers... get her phone number....

she was 19-20, so i doubt i will be able to get it. atleast i know her name

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

That wouldn't stop me. I'd get her number in a heart beat. There's nothing wrong with a 19-20 year old woman. :)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.