By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamestop charging $5 OVER MSRP for Wii Motion +, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!

I guess it's a good thing I don't go to Gamestop anymore. I stopped buying from there about 2, or 3 years ago. Gamestop overcharges for a lot of stuff, but they keep doing it because people keep buying from them.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Around the Network

Boy do I feel stupid. I bought a Wii Wheel for $15. :(

I'm starting to understand why many people are so against Gamestop.

Ok guys...don't hate me, but I work at Gamestop only while I'm in school. I'll be sure to tell customers about this though because it is unfair. I wonder how many I can get to go elsewhere. I'm joining the fight guys. Yes!!!!

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

SolidShane said:
Ok guys...don't hate me, but I work at Gamestop only while I'm in school. I'll be sure to tell customers about this though because it is unfair. I wonder how many I can get to go elsewhere. I'm joining the fight guys. Yes!!!!

Hey its tough to get a job out there now, DON'T risk your job taking on your own company. I'm all for fighting bad policy like this, but don't get yourself in a bad position with the economy the way it is. If people ask why it's over list price, just give them corporates number and stay out of it.

Good to hear you don't like the policy either though.....

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

Yea ur right about the whole job thing. It's rough, however, that is some good advice. I'll just make sure to be extra sneaky about it. After all, I'm a big follower of Solid Snake. I could be sneaky...haha

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

@ SolidShane... Do people paying $25 for M+ understand GS is ripping them off? Or are people just buying Tiger and only getting that one?

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I work at gamestop as well, and it's hard NOT to tell people to go elsewhere to buy their peripherals cheaper. I feel a little piece of me dies every time some unsuspecting customer pays too much for something they can go across the street to Best Buy to get for less.

Currently playing: Civ 6

They also got me with Legendary Starfy. They charged me 34.99 instead of 29.99. Guess i'm not buying there anymore.

As a side note. The goods do belong to them, they did purchase the goods from wholesale, so they can fairly charge whatever they want. It's their responsibility to the thousands of employees that rely on their business decsions to provide steady income and to the shareholders/investers that they obtain as much value out of their retail as possible. Especiallly in this economy. However, it is also my responsiblity to stretch as much value out of my income... so I will not be giving gamestop a 5 extra dollars anymore. Next time I will check the MSRP online first.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

What the hell is wrong with walmart
Oh I see an evil american corp that happens to save less fortunate people alot of money
sheesh