By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamestop charging $5 OVER MSRP for Wii Motion +, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!

Please copy this post to any other gaming sites you frequent. Tell everyone you know, and please take action and complain.  

As mentioned in the thread by Superchunk, Gamestop is charging $5 more than MSRP for WM+. (http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=75848)

MSRP is confirmed to be at $19.99, GS is charging $24.99. Walmart, Target, Best Buy & ToysRUs are charging ($19.99). Taking advantage of unsuspecting gamers wallets confirmed. Amazon has had it on sale from $17.99 to $18.99.

Normally I just cancel my order and go somewhere else when Gamestop does this. But in today's economy it's really sad that they are taking advantage of their customers. So I called Gamestop's corporate office and complained, and I highly urge you to do the same. The number is 817.424.2000 and I spoke to John. he confirmed that the MSPR was $19.99 and said that their price was what it is as the $19.99 price is only a recommendation from Nintendo. He said Gamestop encourages it's customers to shop for the best deal, and said if you find it cheaper that he recommends that you buy it at the better price. I agree with him wholeheartedly. when I asked him why they decide to do this to customers in harsh times, he had no acceptable answer except to tell me that they hoped their customers would get the accessory at the best available price.  

We all know most wii owners are not as active on message boards and online gaming sites as much as owners of the other consoles. So do whatever you can to make sure they do not purchase Wii M+ from Gamestop. I cancelled my Tiger Woods bundle preorder and made sure the GS manager knew why. You can also compain to your local GS managers.

This is the third time I've seen them charge $5.00 higher for inexpensive Wii items, they sold the zapper bundle for $24.99 instead of $19.99, and the Wii Wheel for $14.99 instead of $9.99.  

I am also recommending you call Nintendo Customer Service (1-800-255-3700) and complain about GameStop's pricing as well, Nintendo wouldn't be happy about this, they set a fair price, and want as many sales as possible. Complaining that the accessory is $25 will help if enough people do it.

Stop Gamestop from taking advantage of you with both your spending money and your voice...... Get the word out!

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

at gamestop you pay for the atmosphere and experience. :D

LOL @ people buying stuff at GameStop.

Stephlereff said:
LOL @ people buying stuff at GameStop.

I told him how much I spent last year there (at least $1500 in new games alone) and that I was a long time consistant customer (my local store has a stellar staff, unlike most locations), and John's response was "You obviously find value in our services, feel free to buy this elsewhere". I replied I would buy a lot of other things elsewhere as well :). I then went to my local store and cancelled 4 preorders (Tiger, WSR, Conduit, & Grand Slam Tennis). That's how we should reply to this.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

Gamestop is trying new and innovative ways to gouge money out of it's audience. Developers are doing everything in their power to reduce used-games sales, and now the PSP Go is going to cut Gamestop out of the picture entirely. And we all know Gamestop is never going to become competent businessmen. They need a new scam.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

i wouldn't buy from gamestop of that was the only place in the area that sold games.

thats honestly bull, and gamestop is doing it cause they know people wont notice and buy it from them

Gamestop is a lazy way to shop for videogames. It is useful to find used stuff, and they are everywhere. Beyond that, I don't see much of a point of doing it actually. Well, you do get stuff like buy 2 used games, get 1 free from time to time.

And so my personal Gamestop boycott continues...