By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 3 Limited Edition come with discs already scratched!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/24/consumer-check-halo-3-limited-edition-may-have-scratched-discs/

http://kotaku.com/gaming/halo-3/microsoft-replacing-scratched-halo-3-discs-303433.php

I first read about this on Joystiq this morning. But what really caught my eye was one of the comment's url to a Bungie forum where one of the staff wrote up a post that the "Rumor" of the scratched discs was completely fabricated by the SDF!!!!!!! As you would think, waves of Sony hatred ensued until you drill deeper into the comment section whereas it became evident that the rumor was indeed true.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=13117795

Of course, now the original post has been removed and the thread has become locked.

I can't believe the levels people will go to to discredit Sony for the failures of MS's own QC. I thinks its hilarious and extremely pathetic.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

Around the Network

Good thing I got the regular edition. Microsoft was anixous to get this game out.

The only reason I put this in the sales forum is because I have to wonder if exchanges in the store will count as another sale. MS did this with 360 exchanges also.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

no it wont, and they wouldnt plan that to happen..........

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

^sure they would just like if I bought Gears of War new, and I didn't like it and I traded it in. Then a couple of weeks later I wanted Gears of War back and its brand new. There goes a sale to Epic and Microsoft game studios.

Same concept about game consoles. I bought a DS. There goes a sale in that 50 million users. But if you think about it, they lost a user due to me trading the console in. But I'm still listed as one of those 50 million users that technically bought a DS.

Around the Network

I agree, this type of "scandal" is mostly from sony fanboys.

This all originated on GAF, the most Xbox hating forum on the net. Coincidence?

Like games have never come loose from their packaging before.

It is funny, it's obvious from the hateful tone of his post towards MS, Zero Hero is a Sony fanboy. Yet, he actually rants against the believe that this is a SDF thing? Does he not realize the irony that he himself a Sony fanboy, is the one trying to get this issue as much attention as possible when it doesn't even concern him, since he doesn't own a 360 and will never buy Halo 3?

I mean, that says a ton about his motivations. He is trying to damage Halo 3 sales, because he hates microsoft. He is not concerned about others..

Anyways, these types of scandals no longer have the power to hurt microsoft sales, as Neogaf has cried wolf way too many times. Anybody with a brain doesn't care about this..

Hell, at worst, shake your LE and make sure the disc isn't loose. Big deal. Most people will not even be concerned enough to do that, and the casual person will never have a problem with LE discs not working.

I work distribution, I know DVD's come loose and rattle around in the case all the time because I handle them all the time..it's only getting publicity now from people trying to bash MS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg&mode=related&search=

Whatever

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

sharky said:
I agree, this type of "scandal" is mostly from sony fanboys.

This all originated on GAF, the most Xbox hating forum on the net. Coincidence?

Like games have never come loose from their packaging before.

It is funny, it's obvious from the hateful tone of his post towards MS, Zero Hero is a Sony fanboy. Yet, he actually rants against the believe that this is a SDF thing? Does he not realize the irony that he himself a Sony fanboy, is the one trying to get this issue as much attention as possible when it doesn't even concern him, since he doesn't own a 360 and will never buy Halo 3?

I mean, that says a ton about his motivations. He is trying to damage Halo 3 sales, because he hates microsoft. He is not concerned about others..

Anyways, these types of scandals no longer have the power to hurt microsoft sales, as Neogaf has cried wolf way too many times. Anybody with a brain doesn't care about this..

Hell, at worst, shake your LE and make sure the disc isn't loose. Big deal. Most people will not even be concerned enough to do that, and the casual person will never have a problem with LE discs not working.

I work distribution, I know DVD's come loose and rattle around in the case all the time because I handle them all the time..it's only getting publicity now from people trying to bash MS.

Thats one of the many reasons I don't like this site. Microsoft just doesn't get the respect they deserve from this site. Its Sony or Nintendo, Sony or Nintendo, etc,etc.......and it goes on and on.

"Oh in 2008 PS3 will thrash the 360. I'm tired of hearing it. Its dumb.

Threads relate, Will Halo 3 push 360 sales? Why ask a question?

You should already know that stuff.

weezy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg&mode=related&search=

Whatever

And?!? your post was for?

And Zero Hero only has 3 posts. It could of been a Sony or Nintendo fan from this site that made that account and wanted to start something. Who knows?