By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima is a Sony fanboy + Why MGS main series will not be on 360

ssj12 said:
point x said:
mhsillen said:
"Konami is a business, but Kojima is an ARTIST."

Please, he is a nerd programmer
The Artists eat and buy gasoline,    Welcome to the real world..  

You have to realize this announcement doesn't affect anything at all. The PS3 has MGS4. MGS: Rising is a spin-off title. You do not playing as the main character of the MGS franchise which is Solid Snake.

Thats like taking Halo and playing as a basic soldier watching Master Chief own while previde cover fire.

Yes this will be a massive seller but it is still not the main franchise.

Lol, ODST ring a bell? It's been mentioned several times. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
pbroy said:
axumblade said:
yo_john117 said:

lolz!!  I predict that he isn't goina be gracing these forums for a while.  

He'll be back. I can almost guarantee it.

I think everyone knows his persona by now. He'll just twist things around and make it look like someone else is at fault. After running out of things to say, he'll progress to name calling, laugh at you and tell you that you ride a short bus. During that whole time, he'll ignore anything logical that anyone says to prove him wrong. After that, he'll stop responding to the thread so it gets tucked away and hope people will forget. Then go make another flame bait thread.

There's no arguing with a fanboy. I have to admit, they are pretty entertaining though.

Lol yep fits the bill right there!!  I actually hope he stays...He's easy to own and is a good solid laugh!

ironman said:
ssj12 said:
point x said:
mhsillen said:

You have to realize this announcement doesn't affect anything at all. The PS3 has MGS4. MGS: Rising is a spin-off title. You do not playing as the main character of the MGS franchise which is Solid Snake.

Thats like taking Halo and playing as a basic soldier watching Master Chief own while previde cover fire.

Lol, ODST ring a bell? It's been mentioned several times. 

two different things. You do play a supporting role to the main character in ODST.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
point x said:
mhsillen said:

You must have never played Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, otherwise you never would have used that Halo example. That is precisely what MGS 2 was, Raiden in many instances assisting and providing cover fire for Solid Snake and being the main character of the game. Can you explain to me how MGS2 can be considered a main title and not this game?

Also Solid Snake is only the main character in the original Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 4. He is barely playable in 2, and isn't even a thought in MGS3 and MGS: Portable Ops.

Are you sure you've played MGS before?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

infamous8 said:
seece said:
Thechalkblock said:
TheTruthHurts! said:
Money speaks louder than words and past quotes, especially in these trying times. Last years FFXIII E3 announcement for the 360 proved, anything is possible this generation.

Even if it is released for the 360 I will still maintain the series on my PS3, but I only hope it goes multi-platform. The more people who can experience the series the better.

We all know Square Enix is as loyal as a mercenary, they'll do anything for money. Kojima is different, even when it would have been a good idea to make MGS4 mult-plat back in the day he didn't do so, and even as times get worse I can't imagine him going against what he has stood for in the past, loyalty.

This puts a frown on my face what do you think these business's exist for?? You're talking as if its a playground full of children.

Konami are a BUSINESS and they're main aim ALWAYS is to make MONEY.

Konami is a business, but Kojima is an ARTIST.

Big difference there buddy. Kojima will do whatever he wants with MGS, and Konami can't tell him shit.

His company is owned by Konami so yeah the have the final word he just has lots of luxury and gets to do what he wants in most cases. Konami could tell him no and he would have no choice. If he refused Konami could fire him if they wanted. It's business my friend.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
point x said:
mhsillen said:

You must have never played Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, otherwise you never would have used that Halo example. That is precisely what MGS 2 was, Raiden in many instances assisting and providing cover fire for Solid Snake and being the main character of the game. Can you explain to me how MGS2 can be considered a main title and not this game?

Also Solid Snake is only the main character in the original Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 4. He is barely playable in 2, and isn't even a thought in MGS3 and MGS: Portable Ops.

actually I never played or gave a damn about MGS... and never will as I hate the stealth genre.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
point x said:
mhsillen said:

actually I never played or gave a damn about MGS... and never will as I hate the stealth genre.

Ok, so since you're neither knowledgeable nor give a shit about the series, why are you trying to argue the merits of this game as a spin-off or a main series title? All we have is the knowledge that the game stars Raiden, and the jumbled english of Kojima to go by, and neither points directly to spin-off. This really isn't the right argument for you to get involved in.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
point x said:
mhsillen said:

Ok, so since you're neither knowledgeable nor give a shit about the series, why are you trying to argue the merits of this game as a spin-off or a main series title? All we have is the knowledge that the game stars Raiden, and the jumbled english of Kojima to go by, and neither points directly to spin-off. This really isn't the right argument for you to get involved in.

I've watched some friends beat the games... so I have kowledge of. And yes I sat there and watched for like 10 hours straight for each game till they beat them. I just haven't seen MGS2 for ages.

And I though Young Snke = Solid Snake in a younger form or was he just another clone of Big Boss.

The example was meant to be figurative in nature. Of course Raiden will have his own story/battles/etc. I was just using my Halo statement as an example of the role Raiden played to the main story.

ssj12 said:

I've watched some friends beat the games... so I have kowledge of. And yes I sat there and watched for like 10 hours straight for each game till they beat them. I just haven't seen MGS2 for ages.

And I though Young Snke = Solid Snake in a younger form or was he just another clone of Big Boss.

So now that you recall MGS2, you realize your point has no bite, correct? MGS: Rising could very well be the next main title in the MGS storyline.

If by Young Snake, you mean the main character of MGS3, that is Naked Snake, and that is the man that would become Big Boss.

So much fail... Especially you're first point. lol.
Do you not pay attention to your favorite series? It had substistence on xbox. lol.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive