By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Biggest upset ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is way out there and i don't even think microsoft would want to but I want to know what you would think do react to an annoucement at E3 that Microsoft is going to buy Sony and discontinue the ps3 immediatly.

Around the Network

The world would end as we know it.

Microsoft cant, even though they make more profit per year then Sony, Sony is still worth more then Microsoft in terms of assets.

I would be raging that my favourite electronics company that I have exclusively gamed with for the last decade had been taken over by the 'evil' corporation.

Hell, why am I even thinking this, If MS can't afford Yahoo they can't afford Sony...even in this state.

Oh, and one '!' is enough

^^ yahoo is only worth a billion dollars.

Around the Network

By the way, OP, I guess you mean they´d buy the Playstation division, Sony Computer Entertainment, whatever it is called...not the entire Sony corporation..

JGarret said:
By the way, OP, I guess you mean they´d buy the Playstation division, Sony Computer Entertainment, whatever it is called...not the entire Sony corporation..

Isnt that technically impossible unless SCE agree to it? (which they wouldn't)

I mean SCE dosen't have shares does it?

^^ its Sony, of course they dont have shares

Leonidus, I don´t know how these things work, but I imagine the parent Sony corp is the one that has to agree with it, not SCE....if people at SCE didn´t like it, they would leave, I guess.

rafichamp said:
^^ its Sony, of course they dont have shares

I hope your not being sarcastic.

Yes Sony have shares that MS could buy if they were rich enough and they could take over Sony without Sony agreeing to it (a hostile takeover).

Explain how they could just take over SCE without Sony agreeing to it